Protein pancakes

lmurphy26
lmurphy26 Posts: 5 Member
Just looking for some low calorie but tasty protein pancake recipes that are quick and easy to do?!
thanks in advance.

Replies

• terricherry2
    terricherry2 Posts: 222 Member
    Use the scoop from a tub of protein powder. One scoop of whatever flavour protein powder you like (I use banana), a scoop of oats, a scoop of milk and one egg. Tastes yum and you can put the oats in a blender first if you want the mixture smoother. I put maple syrup on mine. Makes 2 pancakes, very filling. Usually comes in about 300 cals.
  • Bronzchica
    Bronzchica Posts: 2 Member
    Put 1/2 cup of oats into a food processor and pulverize until they are a fine consistency. Add 2 eggs and a half cup of low fat cottage cheese. I like to add 2 packets of Splenda and some cinnamon. Then mix rest of ingredients in food processor to create a batter.
  • MaryCS62
    MaryCS62 Posts: 266 Member
    Ingredients

0.5 cup dry oatmeal (40GM)
    0.5 cup fat free cottage cheese
    4 egg whites (I use the egg whites in a carton -- 8 tbsp/68 gm)
    1/2 tsp baking powder
    1/2 tsp vanilla
    1 packet Stevia* (2 packets for sweeter pancakes) - or splenda
    optional spices of your choosing -- I like cinnamon & cloves.
    Hand blender for mixing

Mix together, using a hand blender makes it very smooth. Pour onto hot griddle sprayed with pam. I get 6 pancakes out of this, usually have 3.

NI for 3 pancakes =

Calories 148 Sodium 416 mg
    Total Fat 2 g Potassium 181 mg
    Saturated 0 g Total Carbs 20 g
    Polyunsaturated 1 g Dietary Fiber 3 g
    Monounsaturated 1 g Sugars 4 g
    Trans 0 g Protein 15 g
    Cholesterol 3 mg
    Vitamin A 17% Calcium 17%
    Vitamin C 1% Iron 14

You can eat them plain, top with syrup, fruit or jam. I sometimes go a little crazy & have a few turkey sausages (100cal/3) & make "pigs in blankets" :)
  • TanByrd
    TanByrd Posts: 1 Member
    These sound so good!
  • IKnowStuff2
    IKnowStuff2 Posts: 15 Member
    I got this of MFP a while ago, and it is really good.
    Ultimate Protein Pancakes

You’ll need:

6oz plain greek yogurt
    1 large egg white
    1/4 cup all-purpose flour
    1/4 cup (about 2/3 scoop) vanilla whey protein powder
    1 tsp baking soda
    Anything else you’d like to add for flavor (I like adding in strawberries and vanilla extract)
    In a bowl, combine the dry ingredients (protein powder, flour, and baking soda), and mix with a fork until well combined. In another bowl, combine the wet ingredients (egg white and yogurt) and mix until well combined. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet, stirring as you go. The batter should become thick. Add in any extras for flavor, and keep mixing until everything is totally combined.

Heat a skillet over medium heat and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Drop batter by the spoonful into the pan. Pancakes will expand as they cook, so don’t put them too close together. When little bubbles start to form all throughout the pancake, it’s time to flip it. Flip it a couple of times until it’s thoroughly cooked. Transfer pancakes to a plate, and top with whatever you’d like. They’re plenty flavorful on their own, but adding a couple tablespoons of syrup made them even better!

Makes 6 large pancakes. Nutritional information:

Calories: 314 | Carbs: 34g | Fat: 1g | Protein: 43g (!!!)[/quote
    The nutrition info is for the whole batch and the person said u can use any flavor protein powder. This is not my creation.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    I got this of MFP a while ago, and it is really good.
    Ultimate Protein Pancakes

You’ll need:

6oz plain greek yogurt
    1 large egg white
    1/4 cup all-purpose flour
    1/4 cup (about 2/3 scoop) vanilla whey protein powder
    1 tsp baking soda
    Anything else you’d like to add for flavor (I like adding in strawberries and vanilla extract)
    In a bowl, combine the dry ingredients (protein powder, flour, and baking soda), and mix with a fork until well combined. In another bowl, combine the wet ingredients (egg white and yogurt) and mix until well combined. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet, stirring as you go. The batter should become thick. Add in any extras for flavor, and keep mixing until everything is totally combined.

Heat a skillet over medium heat and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Drop batter by the spoonful into the pan. Pancakes will expand as they cook, so don’t put them too close together. When little bubbles start to form all throughout the pancake, it’s time to flip it. Flip it a couple of times until it’s thoroughly cooked. Transfer pancakes to a plate, and top with whatever you’d like. They’re plenty flavorful on their own, but adding a couple tablespoons of syrup made them even better!

Makes 6 large pancakes. Nutritional information:

Calories: 314 | Carbs: 34g | Fat: 1g | Protein: 43g (!!!)[/quote
    The nutrition info is for the whole batch and the person said u can use any flavor protein powder. This is not my creation.

I like this one but it's too dry without fruit IMO.
  • IKnowStuff2
    IKnowStuff2 Posts: 15 Member
    I put blueberries in it ;-)