low selfesteem

Options
ihave trouble likeing my looks anybody have advice i dont where makeup anymore and all ido is check the scale and it doesnt go down any it stressful help advice please

Replies

• funjen1972
    funjen1972 Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Focus on the positive! Define yourself by means other than external beauty...I promise there are many beautiful things about you!
  • ChazzyEvilKitty
    ChazzyEvilKitty Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Measure your body not just go by the scale. Sometime the scale goes up but if you measure your waaist its gone down because muscle weighs more :') x
  • DollyPat123
    DollyPat123 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    i will take this advice thankyou for your support ineed it to stay positive
  • DollyPat123
    Options
    i was always told that im real good looking but i need to lose weight so i judge my body by how thin i am
  • My_Butt
    My_Butt Posts: 2,300 Member
    Options
    My quack of a doctor even told me to lose weight. I'm still the same weight, and I am getting defined.
    Don't let anybody tell you to lose weight. Lose it to be healthy.
  • tgattsh
    Options
    Ditto with funjen, you got to love yourself no matter what. We are all made different. BMI is for the birds. I started Jan 1 at 340lbs and now I am 318 with a goal of 275, that's when I look like a brick house. If I went by BMI, I'd have to start cutting off limbs. Good luck.
  • DollyPat123
    Options
    thankyou for advice ill use it
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    you need a profile picture. maybe use dolly parton's since it's close to your name
  • DollyPat123
    Options
    thats my nick name im gong to put a picture on my kids or going to do it thank you
  • smashmcdash118
    Options
    ihave trouble likeing my looks anybody have advice i dont where makeup anymore and all ido is check the scale and it doesnt go down any it stressful help advice please

Don't feel alone. I too have issues finding positive features about my own looks. I hope to break through it and focus on my fitness journey. Remember that stress adds onto weightloss difficulty, so try to remain calm. <3
  • My_Butt
    Options

Don't feel alone. I too have issues finding positive features about my own looks. I hope to break through it and focus on my fitness journey. Remember that stress adds onto weightloss difficulty, so try to remain calm. <3

I have BDD (body Dysmorphic disorder) and had an eating disorder for 17 years. I have been clear of my eating disorder for over a year, and I now focus on things I like about my body. For instance, I love my big thighs. They are packed with muscle and make me run faster. I love my arms. Even though they look heavy when they're relaxed, the biceps and triceps are strong which helps whip my bo staff around super fast.
    If you love your body, it will do wonderful things.
  • gwenhunter2
    Options
    60 years old, diabetic, hypertensive, chronic depression. But, so what if I'm fat and ugly on the outside, my heart is beautiful, wanting to do better than i have been, so started the ketogenic diet. It's great, cos here in Australia we have fresh food abounding. Love to cook, so thar helps, and love the high fat ratio in this diet. Would like to find an accountabilly buddy. Anyone out ther
  • michellelhodges123
    michellelhodges123 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    You are not alone! I could weigh 100 lbs and still feel like I look like a beached whale and look like a toad! I was the 4 eyed fat kid all through school..my younger sister was the more popular twig..and RUTHLESS! If there was a nickname out there..I heard it. I got really sick in 2008 and lost over 110 lbs...meds have put 40 back on, but 75 have stayed off..yet when I look in the mirror ..which I try to avoid..I still see a much larger person...
  • lessismoreohio
    lessismoreohio Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I believe that there are many beautiful things about you. Set some goals that are not weight related; such as accurately logging food intake for one month or exercising three times a week for one month.
  • DollyPat123
    Options
    i just want to thank everybody who gave me all this good advice it helps to know there is support
  • DollyPat123
    Options
    i also want to let the person with the eating disorder for 17 years and recovering i have buimia for about 25 years now im trying to stop dont have alot support thankyou
  • sc9576
    sc9576 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    We put so much pressure on ourselves to be perfect like the photos in magazines that are photoshopped beyond belief when we should celebrate our uniqueness and we are all beautiful in our own way - I struggle to believe that sometimes, as I have battled depression and bullying at work (a supervisor) which has left me with zero confidence and low self esteem and I have a naturally slim mother who constantly picks at my eating habits and practically forced me to join Slimming World (I had to move back in with my parents after quitting the job and found it hard to get another!)
    We need to be kinder to ourselves and each other :)
  • My_Butt
    Options
    i also want to let the person with the eating disorder for 17 years and recovering i have buimia for about 25 years now im trying to stop dont have alot support thankyou

It's a struggle since relapse is so easy. Quitting smoking is easy. Quitting drugs is easy (I realize there are withdraws and addictions, but it's 'easy' in the sense of you can avoid it all together.) you can't just give up food to get rid of an eating disorder. You have to eat.
  • DollyPat123
    Options
    my doctor told me to go to support groups but i cant find any in my area