Please Help, I am soooo tired!

Options
I'm feeling positively exhausted!!! I was exercising 6 days a week. Now, I'm struggling with 4-5. I had a 2 week break at Christmas, and then returned to exercising in January. I felt good in January. Then February came along with my TOM and I hit a brick wall!!! I just want to sleep all the time. I haven't bounced back. I'm not sick. I see a doc and my labs are beautiful. I'm only getting 6-7.5 hours of sleep a night. I drink 2 cups of coffee a day. I avoid sugar. I'm trying to eat really healthy, no grains, lots of fresh vegetables, 1/2 cup berries in the mornings, greek yogurt, and good protein. I average 1700 calories a day. I only have 1 or 2 cheat meals a week. I take B-Complex vitamins, vitamin D, Fish oil, all high quality good stuff, not the cheap in-store brands. My life is 40 hours a week at my job. I try to workout 30 min in the morning. If i'm feeling good, I will throw in a second 30-40 minutes after work. (My job is kind of sedentary to light activity). I'm in grad school full time, so I'm on my butt reading and writing a lot! I'm a mom and wife. My hubby has picked up cleaning around the house so I can work.

Does anyone have any ideas about how to stop feeling completely wiped out? Has anyone else felt like this? Do you have any ideas on how to fix this? I can provide other info if needed. I'm just perplexed by all of this. Its crazy.

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Carbs are a good energy source

Are you eating back your exercise calories?

Are you weighing and logging your food properly?

What's your desired weekly rate of loss vs actual?

You are quite possibly simply not adequately fuelling your body and it's caught up with you
  • dangie2002
    dangie2002 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    sometimes I may use 1/3 of them, but not often.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Are you meeting your daily calorie goal? And as rabbitjb asked, eating back exercise cals?
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you aren't eating enough and consequently, aren't getting proper nutrition.

Eat more.
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    dangie2002 wrote: »
    sometimes I may use 1/3 of them, but not often.

You're not adequately fuelling your body then ...hence it's caught up with you

Eat more
  • dangie2002
    Options
    I have goals set to lose 2# a week. Its been like this since January. Before I was only doing 1# a week. I think my nutrition is good. I usually don't eat anything processed, except once or twice a week with my cheat meals.
  • SwankyTomato
    SwankyTomato Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I would also examine your carbs. If you workout a lot you have to fuel your body.
    What are you doing for workouts?
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    dangie2002 wrote: »
    I have goals set to lose 2# a week. Its been like this since January. Before I was only doing 1# a week. I think my nutrition is good. I usually don't eat anything processed, except once or twice a week with my cheat meals.

Sounds like 2# is too aggressive for you. Go back to losing 1# a week and tone down the exercise or eat more.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Sounds pregnant.
  • dangie2002
    Options
    I keep my carbs low, like 80-100 a day. Protein is 110-140 a day. Fat is around 100 a day. Total sugar intake is generally 20-40. I use 21 day fix which is 30 minutes. Then I walk after work 30-40 minutes on a treadmill.
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    Sounds pregnant.

Out of left field ...but extremely valid point..could you be :smile: ?
  • 7elizamae
    7elizamae Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Are you pregnant? That'll do it every time. :)
  • cdn_beaver
    cdn_beaver Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Your body needs a basic amount of calories just to run. They are burned by just existing. You should be eating at a deficit (for your sedentary life) but replacing most of the calories you burn from exercise. Your body will get tired if it's not getting enough calories to exist.
  • dangie2002
    Options
    Please, no pregnancy! LOL. I have too much on my plate right now. I could increase my intake again and see where that takes me.
  • dangie2002
    Options
    Thanks, Ladies
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    I would try eating more carbs.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    :)
    Stop working out after work. Some people are sensitive to late in the day exercise that interferes with sleep. What else is keeping you from getting more than 6-7.5 hours of sleep?
    Sleep, as you know, is important.
  • Froggiegirl72
    Options
    I just finished a 30 day detox, and I have more energy than I have in years. You are doing it right by not having grains. Eat more power foods. You said you eat yogurt. You may want to try eliminating dairy from your diet. Your cheating yourself by having cheat days. Look up the outline to the detox called Whole 30. It will change the way you eat forever! Good Luck!
  • JenniDaisy
    JenniDaisy Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I just finished a 30 day detox, and I have more energy than I have in years. You are doing it right by not having grains. Eat more power foods. You said you eat yogurt. You may want to try eliminating dairy from your diet. Your cheating yourself by having cheat days. Look up the outline to the detox called Whole 30. It will change the way you eat forever! Good Luck!

What is a power food?
    Detoxes are cow poo,
    Dairy is delicious and good for you.

But it does sound you're not eating enough, You've got a lot going on at the moment, maybe consider dropping weightloss down to 1 or even .5lb a week? Also I'd make sure you're not pregnant, just in case.
  • Sued0nim
    Options

So much no in this

Not that I want to kill the Placebo effect ..but I am constantly shocked when people actually think like this