6 weeks into diet/exercise routine, with a broken foot

Options
artichoke86
artichoke86 Posts: 7
edited February 2015 in Introduce Yourself
Hi everyone,
I'm on day 50 of my workout and diet routine. Looking for buddies to help stay accountable! I'm working with a trainer weekly, and going to the gym on my own three days a week in addition to the training session. But I am feeling like I've had slow results. Perhaps it's because I am limited to core and upper body exercises (my foot is in a walking cast), but I basically plateaued after a steady 3week weight loss of one pound per week. Does anyone have tips or recommendations? I'm eating 1500 cal/day with a cheat of about 2000 cal during my hardest training day.
18er1s0symn1.jpg

Replies

• obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    Weight loss isn't linear--you won't lose every single week. Are you using a food scale? If not, you may be eating more than you think.
  • artichoke86
    Options
    yes, i am meticulous and also overestimate if i can't be sure.
  • futuremanda
    futuremanda Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    That would be frustrating!

It sounds to me like you're probably doing everything right. I'd just treat it like any plateau -- I know it is early, but you don't have a ton to lose, and your body is adjusting to a new food plan, a new fitness program, and trying to heal. So it's probably doing a lot and I wouldn't start being unkind to your body (restricting more / pushing harder at the gym) in an effort to speed up weight loss.

Maybe start focusing on all the other ways in which you are progressing? Each day, you are building & reinforcing new habits. I'm sure you're making progress at the gym and noticing changes in firmness, strength, etc. Start getting excited about those things, keep on keepin' on, and you'll be through the plateau before you know it.
  • artichoke86
    Options
    this is another image, the same day. maybe i'm actually getting results, just playing into the photos as progress too muchdic1m64atsax.jpg
  • futuremanda
    futuremanda Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I definitely see results! I think darker lighting and being closer to your mirror will make comparison more difficult, so that could be the issue with the photos.