New to all of this

Options
Hi,

I already feel weird just for writing in here. My name is Aislinn, most people just call me Ais (ace) though. I've been struggling with my weight since I can remember, and have always told myself that I would grow out of it. In high school I hit an amazing growth spurt and finally looked the way I wanted to. However, anxiety and depression took over and I couldn't control it. It's been four years, but I feel beyond motivated to bring myself where I see myself.. currently at 213 lbs and looking at my future self at 160 lbs. I'm not sure what lies ahead, but I'm hoping that being a part of this community will help. If you have any advice or anything, feel free to reach out. I need all the tips I can get.

Replies

• karldomrose
    karldomrose Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You've made the right choice to come here! It is all about getting motivated and support. Most people can't do it alone.
    It boils down to a few simple rules.
    To lose weight, you have to eat less calories.
    Exercise will help the process along, but not if you are eating too many calories.

You need to use MFP to track what you eat. Don't guess on portions. Weigh your food.
    Once you know WHAT you are eating then you will learn how much you need to eat. You want to target a steady weight loss of 2 to 3 pounds a week. Any more than that is NOT healthy. If you adjust your calories, up or down, give it a few weeks to see how it affects you.

You didn't gain our weight overnight, and it won't come off overnight.

Don't obsess over the number on the scale. Go by how your body feels. If you are losing inches and the scale isn't moving much, that's OK.

This should get you started in the right direction. If you have any questions feel free to message me, or post here.

Karl
  • fit_mama_sarah
    fit_mama_sarah Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hey! I would love to be friends! Add me and we can chat :)