Addicted to Sugar

Options
I've dealt with binge eating disorder for a while, but it's developed into a full-on addiction to sugar. Every night for the past 2 weeks I've find myself running to my dorm's vending machines or to our local convenience store to buy as many chocolatey, sugary treats as I can stuff down. It's becoming a serious problem- I can't focus during the day, I can't sleep at night, and I'm depressed and lonely. Does anyone who's dealt with sugar addiction have any tips for overcoming it? It's beginning to take over my life and I'm desperate to free myself from it.

Replies

• coconut151
    coconut151 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    The only thing that ever helps me is to eat protein every three hours or so. I feel more stable when I have more protein, not on a constant sugar roller coaster. It's hard- I just jumped off my sugar roller coaster two days ago and I feel better. Getting a walk in or some exercise helps the brain chemicals too! Oh yeah- weight watchers trick, at night brush your teeth right after dinner.
    -
  • MoiAussi93
    MoiAussi93 Posts: 1,948 Member
    Options
    I used to have a big problem with sugar as well. I had to cut sugar out completely...no soda, no artificial sweeteners, nothing...it was rough for two weeks. Then the cravings went away. Now I just have it on very rare occasions, and never at home.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    To stop a sugar train coming through, I eat steak and butter and leafy veggies and mushrooms and onions for three or four days.