Low Carb Stuffed Bell Peppers

Options
katrinapri
katrinapri Posts: 256 Member
edited February 2015 in Recipes
vo54nrpvc2bu.jpg
Low Carb Stuffed Peppers

1 lb Lean ground beef
3 green bell peppers or Whatever color you prefer (halved)
1 small onion (minced)
2 cloves garlic (grated)
3 Roma tomatoes (diced)
2 tablespoons tomato paste or you can use tomato sauce. (Enough to coat the meat mixture.)
2 tsp cumin
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup Sargento 4 cheese Mexican cheese blend
2 oz Sargento 4 cheese Mexican cheese blend
Directions
Brown ground beef and onions, add in garlic, cumin, sauce and tomatoes. Bring to a simmer. Cut bell peppers in half and put cheese in the bottom and fill with meat mixture. Top with remaining cheese.
Bake covered at 350 degrees for 30 minutes then uncovered cook 10 minutes more. Total cooking time 40 mins
*remember you can always modify, change, or edit anything in the recipe that you don't like.*

Replies

• SomeGirlSomewhere
    SomeGirlSomewhere Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    Those look awesome! I'd make them with less cheese since I'm watching saturated fat, but they look like they taste AMAZING! :)
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy....thanks for posting. :) Have you already entered the recipe in the database? Just checkin :)

I ran across a recipe for stuffed peppers the other day at the docs office in a magazine ..the recipe called for Quinoa in stuffed peppers... thought that'd be good to try at some point in the recipe. Has anyone tried stuffed peppers with Quinoa?

• BeLightYear
    BeLightYear Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    bYUMp!
  • katrinapri
    Options
    Thank you very much! I might try the quinoa next time.
  • Jolinia
    Jolinia Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Yum that looks so good!
  • katrinapri
    Options
    Thank you very much!
  • tuckyfatbutt
    tuckyfatbutt Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    They sure do look good. I love stuffed peppers.
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy....thanks for posting. :) Have you already entered the recipe in the database? Just checkin :)

I ran across a recipe for stuffed peppers the other day at the docs office in a magazine ..the recipe called for Quinoa in stuffed peppers... thought that'd be good to try at some point in the recipe. Has anyone tried stuffed peppers with Quinoa?

Yep, I've done them with quinoa and/or cous cous. I just cook it to the recipe, stir in some seasoning and veggies, sprinkle a little cheese on top and bake. Delish!
  • MinnesotaNice507
    MinnesotaNice507 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    That looks delicious. I love the idea of adding quinoa too!
  • katrinapri
    Options
    I am going to try it that way the next time around! Thanks for the idea.
  • UrnAsh_
    UrnAsh_ Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I've made some but with just rice and cheese. This looks even better. Yummy.
  • katrinapri
    Options
    j82p6xeqy5p4.jpg