how many calories is my crock pot

Options
i was looking for a place i could add all the ingredients i put in my crock pot stew that would calculate its contents, anyone have any ideas? (*)

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    shirtshirt wrote: »
    i was looking for a place i could add all the ingredients i put in my crock pot stew that would calculate its contents, anyone have any ideas? (*)

There's a recipe builder under the 'Food' tab ^^ Just put in all the ingredients, and number of servings in and voila. It can be a bit buggy though.
  • wjianwen
    wjianwen Posts: 1
    edited February 2015
    Options
    B)

• hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    If your on the mobile app click the more button on the bottom right then "my recipes" or something like that. Pretty handy tool. I use it all the time. I've got so many recipes saved in there plus it's easy to go back and edit if I replace an ingredient or use more meat or something.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    You got some good, serious answers here. I'm glad because I lol'd at your title.
  • Blueseraphchaos
    Blueseraphchaos Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    mccindy72 wrote: »
    You got some good, serious answers here. I'm glad because I lol'd at your title.

I, uhh, wondered if someone wanted to eat a crock pot and needed a calorie count...
  • shirtshirt
    shirtshirt Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Awesome , thank you , yes i just start chopping stuff up and dumping things in there and i just say im making "crock pot" because it has no name and its never the same . I am quit curious to see how toxic it is, i sure hope its not off the charts.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,092 Member
    Options
    OP I make soups in the crock pot.

Use the recipe builder.

Weigh the empty crock pot(a) , weigh the full crockpot (b) subtract a from b to find the weight of the contents.( for convenience weigh the empty pot once then write weight on bottom in permanent texta)
    Divide this number by 100 to get number of servings ie if total is 2700 grams there will be 27 x 100g serves. Tell the recipe builder it makes 27 serves.
    Then when you serve up soup or stew, weigh each portion - I find a large bowl usually works out to about 4 serves
    -
    I realise each time you make it will be slightly different ingredients and each bowl may not contain even spread of ingredients but I think it's close enough to work.

If you make a vastly different stew, call it a separate recipe - so you might have chick pea and lentil stew and curried beef stew or whatever.
    But I don't change it each time I use, say, celery instead of leeks, in my vegetable soup.
  • shirtshirt
    shirtshirt Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    wowzers only about 379 calories in a 12oz serving( i mean i think thats good) but the sodium is super high , so really good to know all of this and i can tweek it , thank you very much , i am just a 44 yr old novice at eating well and just knowing what im putting into my body is a game changer.