Boy did I blow it today!!!!

Options
Having Compnay and I just blew my intake! Holy cow I hope tomorrow I can recover some. I blew yesterday some but not like today.

Replies

• fearlessleader104
    fearlessleader104 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Unless you learned nothing from what you perceive as a mistake then no, you didn't blow it today.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Fear not, I ate a whole cheesecake today :disappointed:
  • meryl135
    meryl135 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    It happens. Forgive yourself and get back on track tomorrow.
  • RisiM
    RisiM Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    It happens but starting again next meal is what counts, we can do this - eventually
  • acmanna
    acmanna Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    This is part of life, make good decisions most of the time...today is a new day, log everything and move on. Having company over can be important..no worries at all
  • vegasvada
    vegasvada Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Lol oh thank you I don't feel bad. I just did to to and did not want to log it. But I did and I see now how my old eating habits made me put on so much weight. I won't feel bad about it and now do better today.
  • bobafet79
    bobafet79 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Another day, start again! Got stuck into a huge pizza last night which I felt bad about, ran 10k this morning made me feel back on track straight away! Little more exercise and you will have forgotten all about it! Still good to have a blow out once in a while! Log it and move on!
  • SR_86
    SR_86 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I went way over my calories yesterday. My husband and I went to a fancy hotel overnight and I wasn't going to pass on the desserts!! I think a day off (but not a day binging) is a good thing occasionally. Don't feel guilty for it, and know that it doesn't mean that your have taken a step back. As long as you know that it is an occasional treat and not a habit then i would say you have learned, and your eating habits have changed for the better :)
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,920 Member
    Options
    WUT......seriously? that's pretty cheesy.

• HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    Look at your weekly charts, you still may be under for the week. (I was amazed when that happened for me, even over thanksgiving!).

And, I think logging it was a good idea! Much more useful than pretending it didn't happen. You're already using it as a tool for understanding...because you see that calorie total and think "well, one day won't blow it all, but eating like that every single day would sure build some pudge!"
  • yager8725
    yager8725 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    The fact that it bothers you is a GREAT sign!! That was a huge mile stone in my changing of my eating habits!
  • EmmaFitzwilliam
    EmmaFitzwilliam Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    vegasvada wrote: »
    (snip) I just did to to and did not want to log it. But I did and I see now how my old eating habits made me put on so much weight. (Snip).

And that is why most successful weight loss starts with logging. ;)
    But a one day one-off (or even two days) isn't "blowing it". It's part of the growth process as you become accustomed to portion control and calorie awareness.

And successful weight loss/maintenance doesn't have to be about never having fun foods or never having blowout days.

I've had busy, active days with lots of bonus exercise calories added in, and still gone over the recommended number of calories by a full day's recommended calories.

And I loved every bite, and don't regret it a bit. And the next day, I stayed within the guidelines.

Enjoy the foods you like. Learn to enjoy them in small quantities. Learn to really enjoy healthy choices like a piece of fruit or a bowl of berries.

And if you are having calorie dense foods, pay attention to every bite and really enjoy the amount you are having.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Been there done that, got the t-shirt... Just move on!
  • bintoudiouf
    bintoudiouf Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    One meal at a time
    The next one will be better
  • ibbyiam
    Options
    Oh wow, but I bet it was yummy and you still didn't rake up the calories like I did.

• ibbyiam
    Options
    RisiM wrote: »
    It happens but starting again next meal is what counts, we can do this - eventually
    Thanks, and your are so right.
  • ibbyiam
    Options
    EWJLang wrote: »
    Look at your weekly charts, you still may be under for the week. (I was amazed when that happened for me, even over thanksgiving!).

And, I think logging it was a good idea! Much more useful than pretending it didn't happen. You're already using it as a tool for understanding...because you see that calorie total and think "well, one day won't blow it all, but eating like that every single day would sure build some pudge!"
    Oh wow, didn't even consider it for the week count. Hey, I like this and you are right, this way I can see what my errors in the past have been.

• Christine_1027
    Options
    it's ok, you start fresh again tomorrow! I've been eating over my calories almost everyday no matter how hard I try not to. but every new morning, I forget about yesterday and I let myself have a new start since its a new day! :) we're all human, we're not perfect, so no worries!
  • catrinaFIT205
    catrinaFIT205 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I like risiM answer "starting again next meal" because a lot times I tell myself that I will start over the next day or start over the beginning of the following week. But if we can just jump right back on track with our next meal :) that shows determination in this challenging journey
  • rocardy
    rocardy Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm consciously thinking of making my family fried chicken for dinner tonight. It's their reward for eating healthy the last 3 weeks, and possible mine as I have not decided if I will bake my chicken.

It's nice to have a reward day occasionally. I wouldn't stress too bad unless you do it more often than not. 1-2x a month is my limit and I space them out 2-3 weeks.