Nutritional advice please?

Options
Could someone please take a peek at my diary and tell me if there's any nutritional reason why I might be tired all the time?

Replies

• donnawtm
    donnawtm Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Just a bit more info,
    Its more of an achy, exhausted type tired rather than actually sleepy.
    I had a similar thing about 10 years ago and after 6 months of blood tests (they suspected pernicious anemia at first but then B12 levels came back up on their own) the drs couldn't find anything else so diagnosed chronic fatigue syndrome. I wasn't convinced and it went away after a few more months so never investigated any further.
    I don't eat much veg and never have but am thinking if there is a particular thing that would cause it maybe i could take a supplement.
    Thank you
  • corgicake
    corgicake Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    You need to eat more food. Pick a more conservative rate of weight loss and eat your full calorie budget. Oh, and consider tallying up the actual amounts of B12 in your food as you have currently been eating on your diet to see if reduced amounts of everything might have you running a deficit on that along with your calories.
  • silentKayak
    silentKayak Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    too many carbs, too much sugar, not enough protein, not enough fiber, not enough vegetables, not enough food
  • donnawtm
    donnawtm Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    @corgicake thank you, when I first signed up I put my lifestyle as sedentary as I don't "work" which gave me that calorie goal but I do have a 2&4 year old so probably not that sedentary.
    @zarckon‌ thanks for your response. Pretty much scrap everything and start again then yes? Lol. I'll Have to look into some healthier foods. Never have liked veg but might have to start forcing myself :s
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    With your weight loss goal, you shouldn't be set to lose more than 1 lb/week. Once you are within about 10 lbs of your goal weight, that should be changed to 0.5 lb/week. This ensures a healthy, sustainable weight loss.
    You need to eat more. You'll feel better if you eat healthier choices but there's no need to completely cut out the chips either. :smile: Work at finding a balance that you can live with.
  • kayeiam
    kayeiam Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Put potassium as one of your values. I bet it is under 500 and you should get at least 3500 per MFP and American heart association (and other sites) say 4700mg. This will make you achey, muscle cramps etc, tired. Also not enough protein and if not eating enough food. I would check the potassium. You can change it back to the original value once you check it.
  • Cereal_Snacker
    Cereal_Snacker Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Reduce your intake of processed foods. Eat more nutrient rich foods, green leafy veg, avocados, lean meats, oily fish, slow realease carbs wholewheat pasta, wholegrain rice, oats.. lots of options. My diary isn't perfect but if you want to have an nosey for ideas feel free.
  • kshadows
    kshadows Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    More food.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    Try to eat more- from what I saw it looks like your getting on average around 1,000 calories. If you're chasing around your children you may be more active than you originally thought :) Have you had recent blood work to rule out anemia?