Down 10.5Kg/23pounds, almost at my goal :)

Options
Hi

I started with MFP back in November and at a steady pace have now lost 23pounds/10.5 KG. I’m not at my goal weight yet of 57Kg/125 pounds (What I weighed before I had my daughter) but I’m close. Once I reach it I will assess how I feel and see if I want to go for 55Kg/121 pounds (What I weighed when I got married). I’m 5 2”/160cm in height. My weight loss has slowed down allot now that I’m near my goal so if you have any pointers on how to get these last kilo’s to go I’d be very grateful.

I presently have two personal training sessions, one group session and then head to the gym to do a one hour bike ride twice a week. I’m on 1200cal a day, I have had people suggest that I up my intake but I’m also scared to up my calories in case I put on weight.

I love looking at everyone’s before and after shots as they give me great motivation to reach my goals. The before shot is the only photo that I have of me at my heaviest as I had deleted the rest and never thought of taking start photo’s. The after is of me on Sunday out for lunch for Mothers day (Australia).

Before 69kg/152 pounds
jzbg5h.jpg

After 58.5kg/128 pounds
257dhd4.jpg

Replies

• antijen
    antijen Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Congrats!
  • eviegirl1
    eviegirl1 Posts: 11
    Options
    congratulations on getting near your goal weight. You look gorgeous in both the before and after photos.
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    great job you look good
  • fitzie63
    fitzie63 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Here's a link for you to calculate either in American measurements or Metric:
    http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/bmi-calculator/NU00597

If you reach your goal weight of 57 kg. with a height of 160 cm., your prospective BMI could be: 22.5

You should know that is a rough guess of your body fat percentage. The only accurate way to calculate that figure is for you to pay for a total dunking IN WATER. Then, you will receive extremely accurate measurements. On the face of it, the 22.5 can fool you into thinking you are just right, i.e. healthy.

You should also be aware that you can lose all those fat kg. and still have diabetes. The only reliable blood test for that is called: A 1 C. Unless you have a detailed family medical history of diabetes and your own medical history, you might have to pay out of pocket for an A1C blood test.

Last week, after losing almost all my excess weight, I went for a followup blood draw and evaluation with my primary physician. Two days later, he phoned me at 730 a.m. to tell me he had "bad news". I never had the A1C test in my life. All my fasting glucose levels were in normal range for many years. As it turned out, I've had diabetes all my life and was never diagnosed until now. Go figure! He informed me that I do not need to take medication but would have been placed on a very strict PORTION CONTROL+exercise programme plus heavy doses of medication and perhaps, even insulin.

Last November, I did not have a clue I was treading on dangerous territory medically and neither did my Doc. He ordered blood work at my previous followup, which was 10 days after starting this programme. Yes, at that time, I was probably in full-blown diabetes.

Be aware, if you want to pile the weight back on, over and over, then over again, then stop your diligent weighing/accurately measuring/leveling off the excess quantities/recording every single item that goes into your mouth after you reach your goal.

If you want to remain heart-healthy, then you MUST continue with your food and exercise diary and do it for the rest of your young life. Do it!!! Keep on saving your own life. You will not regret it.

Congratulations on your success~~~keep on having more of it: one day at a time/one meal at a time.
    :)
  • kittytrix
    kittytrix Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful! Congrats on all your hard work!
  • Amy_Do
    Amy_Do Posts: 20
    Options
    Congrats you look great - my weight is very similar to yours and I want to get to the same goal as well - seeing you there is giving me inspiration and motivation I have lost 3Kilos already but have 8 more to go. Good on ya,.
  • sloanie1
    sloanie1 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    You look great!!!! your goal weight is the same as me...and I'm 5 1" so a little shorter than you....just!! I have lost 11kilos and have 7 to go, I'm currenlty doing a 12 week challenge to lose the rest, on week 3 at the moment...

Can't wait till I get to goal like you, great work, you have done really well...:o)

Where are you in Australia...? looks like Queensland from the palm tree.....I'm from sunny Perth!
  • skinnyb450
    skinnyb450 Posts: 288
    Options
    Congratulations....you look amazing - I am from Australia too :):flowerforyou:
  • drad81
    drad81 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You looked great before as well as now but i'm sure you feel a whole lot better without the extra weight.

I'm guessing you're from Sydney. The first pic looks like it was taken at a Randwick Races Lawn Party
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Well done! You look stunning.

I made it back to my old favourite 55kg for 165cm and I'm not sure I like it! I'm terrified of losing any more, which is no fun. I yoyo between 55 and 65kg and I wonder if 60kg would be a better place... But I do love being back in my old clothes. :wink:

I'm sure you'll look amazing wherever you choose to stop.:flowerforyou:
  • bike4now
    bike4now Posts: 52
    Options
    You look very beautiful in your "before photo". But I can see the change in your after shot. You are now healthier and feel better too I bet. Of course you look great now. What are you going to do with that great "before" dress? Maybe you could alter it and give us an after shot.
  • finabella
    finabella Posts: 176
    Options
  • finabella
    finabella Posts: 176
    Options
    Thanks so much, I'm from Cairns in North Queensland :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!