I'm Going to Lose Weight

Options
Hello all! My name is Lauren and I am fairly new to this site. I signed up for my account almost two weeks ago, have been adding my calories in, adding my exercise in, reading posts on the message boards, but I haven't actually posted anything until now!

First of all, I want to say how grateful I am for this website. I had heard friends tell me how amazing this website was and how much it helped them in their weight loss journey but I basically ignored them for a while. I've been overweight my entire life and have tried almost everything to lose weight. Whenever I heard them talking about this website, I shrugged it off. A website wasn't going to help ME lose weight.

Now, I'll start off with saying this. I have an INCREDIBLY difficult time losing weight. I was diagnosed with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) and Endometriosis when I was 17 years old. To shorten the story a little bit, because of the PCOS and its effects, it makes it very difficult for me to lose weight, especially around my midsection. The hormones are over-produced and they seep into the fat around my stomach, making that fat more difficult to break down.

After saying that, I've been on this site for almost two weeks, actually COUNTING calories, and I have already lost weight! This website makes everything so much easier. I can't wait to get to know some of you better and form great relationships. Losing weight is a battle, but I believe if we have an army of others fighting for the same goal, we can overcome all odds!

Replies

• path2a6pack
    path2a6pack Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Beging - do your best - you will arrive
  • ramberbo
    ramberbo Posts: 23
    Options
    I did not have friends on this site but they have used other things and I would be temporarly deaf to the comments. I found this site on my own and i really think that its great. I think it is because it is easy to use and motivational... good luck on your goals!
  • Driagnor
    Driagnor Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Welcome, and good luck on your journey. I find that the support and inspiration from the people on here has a huge effect on my motivation. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • artemis222
    artemis222 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I've used a couple other sites, but this one is really inspiring me. I've always felt isolated and alone when trying to lose weight. The community here is keeping me motivated and helping me to feel less alone. Happy to have you all here.
  • sashaverlene
    sashaverlene Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Heyyyy! Welcome to MFP! I can't tell you how excited I was when my cousin told me about this website. Just by SIGNIFICANTLY reducing my calories (I ate ALOT) and by drinking the recommended amount of water, I lost 5 pounds of water weight in the first week. After that, the pounds of fat just came off at a consistent rate! Everyone here is so supportive and I wish you the best of luck with the rest of your weight loss journey! Feel free to add me! :smile:
  • Keightisgr8
    Keightisgr8 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS/Insulin Resistance and have lost 45lbs so far. I went from 250 to 205, with a final goal weight of 150. I know I can do it because I've been steadily losing and I know that it is something I will have to do forever, therefore is not a race. Once you realize that, you're good to go. If you're looking for friends feel free to add me!
  • Eatsleepkitten
    Options
    Well done on your weight loss.

I'm new here too but this site looks amazing - I think the community aspect and support is so important!