Just Thank You....

Options
Hello all,
I was suffering from bad health due to years of smoking and couch testing, developed a bad cough that would not quit and a serious lack of motivation.......Went to Doctors and was diagnosed with mild COPD so I quit smoking last May 2014 and never touched another cigarette.
My weight increased due to the replacement of cigarettes with sweets, cakes and biscuits until none of my clothes fitted me and I had to buy a new outfit for last New Years Eve much to my horror.
A friend recommended MFP so I said okay I will give it a try...........Before joining I was unable to walk 50 metres without gasping for breath, uphill and stairs were a mountain to me due to my lung damage.
Due to the diet plan and my new treadmill I can proudly announce I walked 1.6 miles at 3mph and came away sweating like a pig but no coughing, wheezing or shortness of breath.
That is down in some small part to my determination to live longer than was predicted but most of all it is down to the friends I have found on here.

Each entry is met with encouragement, each achievement met with congratulations and a desire for me to push on.

I just wanted to thank them all for being there to support me......I did it with you! We did it together.....you are priceless.

I sincerely hope those seeking to change find supportive friends like mine and we all appreciate that a 'like' takes a second, a comment takes a minute, the effect lasts all day!

Brian

Replies

• dragyou
    dragyou Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Huge congrats.. Positive mindset..
  • sharonocallaghan1956
    Options
    So much admiration for you giving up smoking - that's huge in itself. Carry on with the walking because it does get easier. Just keep on keeping on! Well done you xx
  • karenrich77
    karenrich77 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Way to go man! That is superb, there is nothing better than doing something good for YOU!! Kudos!
  • Nijelako
    Nijelako Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Just a great way to start out this day reading this, what a great positive attitude! : )
  • hdawood85
    hdawood85 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    That is great. Continue on :)
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • GatesOfDelirium
    Options
    Thank you for all the positive comments. I just wanted to acknowledge the amazing support networks here and the unsung heroes who offer their time, effort and knowledge to others and ask for no reward other than to see you succeed......
  • KeepTheFaith9
    KeepTheFaith9 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Great work!
  • CandyMonster160
    CandyMonster160 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Love. The community of support on MFP is great and it has truly, for me, been a huge help in my journey. So glad that it has helped you and offered you the support and motivation it has. Congrats!
  • ctalimenti
    ctalimenti Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Good job! What type of treatment did your doc prescribe for your COPD?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!