Protein Desserts

Options
Hi

Does anyone know any good protein desserts/sweet recipes/foods.

Many thanks

katy

Replies

• CrimsonVixen
    CrimsonVixen Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    i can't think of many without using protein powder (such and smoothies with protein powder blended in). Yoghurt and granola is a good high protein one, also you could do a variation of Eton Mess using meringue, yoghurt, fresh berries and even some ice cream. :) Sorry I haven't got any more ideas.
  • smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    I make a Nerf Brownie.
    LOL
    One egg (or egg whites and 1 TBSP apple sauce)
    1 TBSP water
    I scoop protein powder
    1 TBSP natural peanut butter

Mix all really well in a large coffee mug.
    Microwave for 45-60 seconds depending on your microwave.
    Mine come out with the texture of a Nerf ball.
    But not too bad tasting.
  • ellenangel
    ellenangel Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt! I buy it plain and sweeten it- 80-100 cals and 15g protein depending on brand. I usually mix in blueberries or some sliced banana but anything goes...a little cereal or crumbled granola bar (one of my favorites is 1/2 sliced banana and 1/2 chopped Clif-Z bar- the kids ones!).

I also make sweet egg white omelettes- beat egg whites with some cinnamon and sweetener, then cook- I usually add some jam in the middle or top with some sugar free syrup.
  • robertf57
    robertf57 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Also Meringue! I really love it and it is nearly pure protein plus what ever you use to sweeten it
  • runningkaty
    runningkaty Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    thanks to everyone for there ideas, will certainly be adding them to my shopping list this week.
  • Mmmary212
    Mmmary212 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I'm sure it has a name, but I just make it and don't worry about it. This is not calorie friendly, but it's good for dessert and even breakfast (I eat it for breakfast). It's like bread pudding without the bread. This isn't low calorie, but a great protein source. The calories can be lowered if substituting ingredients in parentheses

2 eggs (or egg beaters)
    2 oz cream cheese (or Neufchâtel) softened in microwave (for easier mixing)
    2 tbsp cream (or skim/low fat milk)
    sweeten to taste. I use about 1 tbsp sugar free Toranni coffee syrup "French Vanilla"
    cinnamon

mix it all together until smooth and I bake mine in a ceramic/terra cotta bowl (large single serving bowl) but you can use whatever you have similar....350° for 30 minutes or until it's set.

top with whipped cream and cinnamon (optional)

16 grams of protein. Calorie count will be determined by your ingredients. My way is equal to a meal cause I eat it like a meal.