Don't Want the excess skin!

Options
2»

Replies

• spirited_angel
    Options
    Hi im 41 yrs old and have lost 12 stone i did it slowly but surely its took me over 2 years and have now mainatined for over a year within a stone!I have had to have a tummy tuck though as my excess skin was really getting me down as i needed to egt bigger clothes just cos of my over hang!!Its so much better tho now¬¬But i did tone up all teh way through so im sorry to say its the luck of the draw.I now have really bad bingo wings that get me down too but i ust cant justify over £4,700 to get them done as i was turned down on the nhs as i wasnt suicidal n didnt wish to harm myself !! I dont agree that if you tone up and lose it slowly ya wont get excess skin everyone i know of that has lost weight has it in some form or other!!It usually depends on how big ya were for how long i was big for many years well over 20yrs so i agree that the younger you are the more chance you have of not having much excess skin.Toneing up does help but not a lot !!everyone on here knows how hard i workout 5 days a week and i do everything from boxersize to body pump and zumba and i cant get rid of it!!I now have just learnt to live with it and think of my bingo wings as battle scars and a reminder of what i never want to go back to!!
  • Want2BeBetter
    Want2BeBetter Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    My Grandma went from a size 24 to a size 12 on a very low fat diet and was having trouble with loose skin. She heard about having more good fats in her diet and started adding olive oil to her food and the loose skin tightened up for her.

I don't know if this would work for everyone but it is worth a try.
  • Want2BeBetter
    Want2BeBetter Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    She is also a very active person.
  • spirited_angel
    Options
    My Grandma went from a size 24 to a size 12 on a very low fat diet and was having trouble with loose skin. She heard about having more good fats in her diet and started adding olive oil to her food and the loose skin tightened up for her.

Think anything is worth a try love!!:smile:
  • spirited_angel
    Options
    maintain your muscles

excess 'skin' isnt skin, its fat still left to lose
    I am quite annoyed at that n resent it!!I have lost 12 st 4lb i do not have excess fat i have excess skin!!Even the doctors told me taht when i complained about it and i was told ther eis very little you can do about it except surgery!!
  • ktbug82
    ktbug82 Posts: 166
    Options
    Thank you everyone! I appreciate all the tips and advice. Good luck on your weight loss journeys, too!

I'm thinking about hiring a personal trainer, because I figure they can help me make sure I'm toning along with losing.
  • TaneeisFitforLife
    Options
    There are so many factors that come into play with loose skin after weight loss. My advice? Don't let the chance of having extra/loose skin deter you of your weight loss goal. It's way easier to hide and cope with that than the extra weight :) BTW, you can't tone loose skin but make the muscle underneath look better. Love your body and treat it right & things will fall into place girlie.

I have a great FAQ about loose skin in my blog if it's still worrying you. Much luck to you!
  • spirited_angel
    Options
    There are so many factors that come into play with loose skin after weight loss. My advice? Don't let the chance of having extra/loose skin deter you of your weight loss goal. It's way easier to hide and cope with that than the extra weight :) BTW, you can't tone loose skin but make the muscle underneath look better. Love your body and treat it right & things will fall into place girlie.

I have a great FAQ about loose skin in my blog if it's still worrying you. Much luck to you!
    EXCELLENT ANSWER!!SAYS IT ALL!! XX
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options

Yep, that is right. Most people that are trying to keep their fats ultra low will have more problems with loose skin than those that eat higher fat plans.

Most people that do the higher fat, moderate protein and lower carb plans have less skin sagging and looseness due to the healing properties of protein and the moisturization effect of the fats that work from the inside out.

Eating enough fat and drinking water (without a bunch of additives) is a big key to not having loose skin.
  • ktbug82
    ktbug82 Posts: 166
    Options

I read your blog and it answered a lot of my questions. I'm in no way letting it keep me from my weightloss goals. Just trying hard to not have that skin at the end of the road. I guess I'll just take it 1 day at a time and see where it takes me.
  • PolyTeine
    PolyTeine Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    bump