Best use of 30 minutes?

Options
Hey y'all-

I've been working out at lunch every weekday, which has been awesome. Usually, I will do some kind of low-impact cardio like a high intensity interval program on the elliptical, and sneak in a day or two of weight training as well just to shake things up.

What I'm wondering is, since I have about 30 minutes to spend at the gym, what is the best use of my time in terms of weight loss? I'm getting great results with the cardio, but if I can step it up I definitely would love to.

Thanks everybody!

Replies

• Sarahdangerfox
    Options
    Anyone? Bueller?
  • arc918
    arc918 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    I vote for running!
  • rexkt
    rexkt Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    A good cardio is always good for the body but only if you use those 30 mins and keep your heart rate up! I like to do quick power circuit training, of lifting, abs, presses and some jump roping for that cardio boost!
  • lclarkjr
    lclarkjr Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Running is the best use of your time. More calories burned compared to other activities.
  • SoCalSwimmerDude
    SoCalSwimmerDude Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Is there a pool available to you? Running will burn the most calories, but swimming will burn calories, workout your entire body, and build muscle (which burns calories while you sit on the couch). Sorry running fans, but even though I run 1-2 times a week, not all of us are huge fans of it. Also, if your gym has a rowing machine and you have the right form, it has many of the same qualities of swimming.
  • RachelHancock
    Options
    I asked a trainer at the gym what he would do if he only had 10 minutes one day and he said step up and down the bottom of 2 stairs fast repeatedly while moving the arms.
  • RachelHancock
    Options
    Tho I personally like very heavily weighted squats using a barbell! will definitely get your heart rate up and will use/build your biggest muscles in your legs meaning max calorie burn.