Pure Barre reviews/input?

Options
Hey everyone!

I am hoping to get some insight from anyone who has done a Pure Barre class before?

For the past 14 weeks I have been doing a Bootcamp class 2X/ week and running on days in between - the next Bootcamp session starts next week but I am looking for a change both mentally and physically.

A Pure Barre studio just opened up in my town and I have always wanted to try a class! It doesn't hurt that they are also offereing an unlimited month for $100 :smile:

So before I switch gears I would love to hear thoughts or opinions on your experience with the class!

Replies

• cynthiar1025
    cynthiar1025 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I am currently taking advantage of the new member discount at the Pure Barre in my town. I like it so far. I've been trying to go a few times a week, but once the special is over, I may just by a block of classes of spread it out over the course of a month. It gets expensive. I am training for a half marathon so i plan to go to the class on my off days. I like the challenge and the fact it is different. If you can afford it, I would take advantage of the new member special.
  • hillevans
    Options
    I love Pure Barre. It is the most challenging, fun workout I have ever done. I typically go 4-6 days/week. It never gets old or boring to me. I have been doing it for 11/2 years now.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    I don't like it. I'd rather not exercise.
  • loconnor466
    loconnor466 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Did a free intro class and was not all that impressed. Maybe the instructor was lacking? Or maybe I enjoy lifting way more! Doesn't matter, the big turn off was the cost! Absolutely ridiculous! I thought my gym was expensive at $50.00 per month, unlimited, and personal training, yoga, boxing, spinning, meditation, MMA, etc. included in that monthly fee. Now I know I am getting a bargain for my money!
  • DarbiB
    DarbiB Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I LOVE PB, but I think I go just as much for the cameraderie/social aspect as the workout. I go once a week with a friend (work out with a mix of cardio/strength training 4 days a week), I definately feel my thighs and glutes burning! I'd also say my bum has perked up some.

But yeah...it's hella $$$$$.
  • ChristinaOrr65
    ChristinaOrr65 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I have not done Pure Barre, but I have done another barre class for a while now and I love it! The problem is that I still find myself wanting to incorporate other things on some days (cardio, lifting), but I then it just gets way too expensive. I would definitely give it a try though!