I am new to this

Options
hello I'm mark from London joined about 2weeks ago originally a truck driver of 14st I got made redundant last year I didn't know how un healthy I looked so I decided to take up the gym as now my new job gives me plenty of time to do stuff for me.
From 14st I now weigh in a 11st 13lb my aim was to get to 11st of which I was orignaly but I can't seem to take it lower so I decided to watch what I eating so here I am.
Any help and advise or just a good friend will be magical for me thanks for taking the time to read my introduction
Kind regards
Mark

Replies

• boss333
    boss333 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Keeping track of what you eat should help because if your anything like me you just eat and not really think about it. Best of luck! :)
  • DJMark14
    Options
    This is true but I'm finding hard after iv been to the gym
  • PDR85
    PDR85 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Hey Mark, welcome to the site! Hope you are able to keep at it and achieve your goals! Feel free to send me an FR if you want as I am very into motivating those around me to help them stay on track!
  • HappilyDistracted
    HappilyDistracted Posts: 1,700 Member
    Options
    I struggled with this too. It took me a while to really figure out how much I should be eating and it was more a matter of trial and error. I would exercise and then eat too much or enough to maintain, so I started tracking what I was eating to figure out what I was actually consuming and then started to bring down the numbers until I was losing what I wanted to. I also tried initially to just cut my calories, but I found I wasn't eating enough and would end up feeling weak/fatigued and hungry. I wouldn't reccomend that method. It didn't work well for me.
  • michellelhodges123
    michellelhodges123 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Everyone struggles differently! Good luck! Keep track...don't beat yourself up if you have a bad day..because you get get back on track the next! Feel free to add..motivation and support are always a help:)
  • DJMark14
    Options
    Hey thanks for the replies pdr85 I'm not sure what fr is and Michelle thanks for the advise is nice to know I'm not alone at this
    Emsa sound like you been working hard at it and thanks for the comment thank you to you all