"New," I guess. This is my second go-around.

Options
Hi there. I was a member for a few years before. The account I posted from back then was shining_light, I believe. Anyway, I'm back now. I kind of lost control of my intake and had to step back from calorie counting and weight loss to sort out my emotional eating and binge eating. I'm officially binge free for two months now and ready to carry on with a healthier perspective on eating. I'm 22 years old and married with a 5-year-old stepson. I am in a mostly sedentary career, but overall my schedule is pretty flexible and I can make time for fitness and cooking pretty easily. I love cooking for my family and myself and I love to run. I'm up to 10K runs now a couple of times a week, and I try to lift weights a couple of times a week because it's a necessary evil. Friends who are into running and/or weight training would be a real help to me, if anyone is interested. Thanks for listening!

Replies

• PDR85
    PDR85 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I too have returned from a time away from the site and used to be very active. I am not so much into running (mainly just cause I suck at it and need to work at it more) but love weight training and lifting as often as possible. Happy to try and be a motivator to you if you are looking for one!
  • jeffreed662
    Options
    Feel free to add me! Although i am not running anymore (outside) due to weather. I am into strength training! Weather it be working-out at home, or in the gym this is my passion. I will give any advice i can!!
  • Folger5
    Folger5 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm new again, too! Just got back on a few days ago and started my workouts this week. I had my first baby 3.5 months ago and I gained about 60 lbs! AK! I haven't focused on any healthy eating or exercise since she was born and I still have about 35-40 lbs I'd like to lose. Running a 10k at the end of March and kind of got to the breaking point because I never fit in any of my clothes so back on the bandwagon and feeling good. Today is day 4 and I've been diligent. I surprised myself with my run on Tuesday....since I have literally not exercised in a year and basically ate whatever I wanted while pregnant, I was concerned about my first go. Successfully jogged 1.5 miles without stopping for a breather! YAY! Today I did 2.5 miles with one 3 minute break in between. I'm anxious to build back up to a solid 5k. I really do enjoy running!
  • weesalouisa25
    weesalouisa25 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm send time "new" here too! I used this quite a but before college and stopped when I started eating at the dining services. Then I gained about 7 pounds or so (still well within jealthy weight for me) but lost some endurance and strength.
    I am hoping getting back into this will help me gain the motivation again and get back to being as healthy as before. .

All the best to you, it's nice to know you have a job that can be so flexible. And5 year olds can be so adventurous hell keep you busy im sure!! Glad to have you back here!