New from UK - need some support!

Options
Hi all, I'm new on here and I could do with some friends! I'm hoping to finally shift the three stone that has crept on since having twins eight years ago (no excuse any more!). I'm doing diet chef - anyone else out there doing the same?

I also love TaeKwon-Do but my knees have suffered - have had three ops over past few years to try to sort them out, hoping that finally shifting the extra weight may make all the difference!

Add me as a friend and maybe we can support each other - I'm in need of motivation! Thank you!

Replies

• Sallerina84
    Sallerina84 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I'll send you a request, I'm from Cheshire :)
  • SueGeer
    SueGeer Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I'm from UK too! I've lost 15lbs so far with another 4 to go - it works......stick with it! I'll be happy to add you as a friend!

Sue :smile: x
  • Fattack
    Fattack Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Lancashire here, sending you a request :)
  • jenfunfur
    jenfunfur Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Hi there,
    Firstly welcome hope this site helps you. I'm not doing diet chef but i would love to help support & motivate you. I'm trying to losr 2.5stone lost 17lb so far :) I've sent a friend request, good luck x
  • fredd500
    fredd500 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I did diet chef and while I lost a lot of weight, it did get a little monotonous after a while - it tasted nice but having to come home from work and eat yet another microwaved pouch of stew like slop stopped being appealing and when I stopped, it all went back on again. :-(

I partly put this down to the extreme low cals that I was on and also the fact that it doesn't really teach you to choose healthy meals - its just a quick fix.

I do like their shakes though and if I could just buy those, I would. I have a couple of Asda's own brand shakes in the fridge (haven't tried them yet) but what attracted me to them was that they were in exactly the same shape carton as the diet chef ones (ok, so I know it's just a tetra-pak) but there is a chance they are made by the same company as the diet chef ones - I doubt Diet Chef actually manufacture their own food any more than Asda do!

I am now just on a low calorie diet using the tools MFP provides.

Feel free to send me a friend request if you wish.
  • DaisyMoo86
    DaisyMoo86 Posts: 43
    Options
    feel free to add me for suppost :--)
  • wenders123
    wenders123 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I live in Yorkshire. Have been on here actively since mis Jan, and lost 33.5 lbs so far. Another 26 or so to go to get to being a 'healthy' weight according to the BMI scale. Have gone from 'Obese' to 'Overweight' so far. I would be very happy to support you if you would like ..... feel free to send a friend request :bigsmile:

Wendy
  • bex22mcn
    bex22mcn Posts: 90
    Options
    Feel free to add me! x
  • vjles
    vjles Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I'm a Geordie from the North East, request sent.
    Cheers
    Les
  • vic_tye
    vic_tye Posts: 26
    Options
    Hiya from the Midlands - Friend invite on the way :-)
  • missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209
    Options
    hi im from bristol feel free 2 add me, and gd luck:smile:
  • ceri1980
    ceri1980 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Hello from Cardiff - Friend request sent x
  • lisab1969
    lisab1969 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm from Manchester.

I've been on here since the end of March when I started Diet Chef. I've lost 11lb so far another 21lb to go.

I'll send a friend request.

Lx
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm from London, request sent :smile:
  • whiskey9890
    whiskey9890 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    hello from cheshire! hope you do really well with your weight loss, feel free to add me (that goes for any of you too)
  • ehte_h
    ehte_h Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Good luck from Cambridge!
  • Claire739
    Claire739 Posts: 114
    Options
    hi im from Kent! any ukers feel free to add me x
  • suzitkd
    suzitkd Posts: 110
    Options
    Wow! How lovely to get so many replies so quickly! Thank you all so much, especially for the friend requests! It's really made my day!

I'm hoping of course that Diet Chef won't just be a quick fix for me, that all the weight won't immediately go straight back on - the one thing I've learned so far is that my portions I was eating before were far too large and that I can get by on much smaller portions without feeling hungry. I'm going to stick with diet chef for a couple of months (which I've signed up to anyway) and then I think I will slowly ween myself onto a mixture of some diet chef/some ordinary food, both as a cost saving measure and also to train myself to eat more healthily by preparing proper meals. I'll have to see how it goes!

Now I really need to start an exercise regime that will work for me - I seem to be an all or nothing gal - either going to the gym four times a week for two hour workouts or sitting on my *kitten* doing nothing! I need to find a balance! At the moment I'm doing the latter... Does anyone here manage to do regular exercise videos? I wondered if people actually managed to do them regularly enough for them to make a difference, or do you just do them a couple of times and then not bother? Do they really work or do I just have to drag myself down the gym (it's just soooo boooooring!)? I need something that is interesting and exciting but doesn't take up too much of my day! I'm definitely hard to please!

I can't manage to go to exercise classes because around here they're all in the evenings and my husband works all evening so I'm stuck at home with the kids...

Inspiration needed!
  • rob504
    rob504 Posts: 79
    Options
    Hi, I joined MFP in March and to date I have lost 35lbs. Not all down to MFP I have to say, but it certainly helps to keep you focused.

Best wishes and good luck

Rob
  • princess_f
    princess_f Posts: 148
    Options
    hey im uk too, feel free to add me!!