weight fluctuations help x

Options

Replies

• Princesspetal7
    Princesspetal7 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Sorry!! New phone lol!! Can someone explain why weight fluctuations occur. I'm 2lb heavier this morning than I was two days ago even tho I've stuck too 1200 calories and been to the gym (I ate back those calories!) Thank you. A tad confused x
  • obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    1. time of month
    2. new exercise, or more than you've been doing
    3. too much sodium
    4. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    1. time of month
    3. too much sodium
    4. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yep. Weight loss is not linear. I can easily go up two pounds in two days.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    1. time of month
    3. too much sodium
    4. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yep. Weight loss is not linear. I can easily go up two pounds in two days.

Agreed
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Heck I can fluctuate three pounds in the same day. To keep from going crazy, graph your gains and losses and follow the trend line.
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    oe5t0mu0oszx.jpg

grr, the top part is missing, it says "how most people think weightloss works"
  • lizzocat
    lizzocat Posts: 356 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    If you ate back your calories, it's possible you overestimated your burn, thus going over your calories. It'll be back down in a day or two if you stay consistent
  • sherbear702
    sherbear702 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    4. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That is awesome!
  • CM9178
    CM9178 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    I've fluctuated 8 to 10 pounds day to day, depending on what I ate, sodium, time of month, exercise, etc. Just weigh once per week at the same time every time.
  • futuremanda
    futuremanda Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Yep. Time of the month, certain foods (mainly salty foods but anything you find bloats you), not getting enough water, not getting enough sleep, challenging your muscles (they'll retain some water after), digestion moving a bit slower than usual, weighing before you used the toilet, time of day you weigh, etc. Weight isn't all fat, so you didn't gain 2 lbs of fat (you probably are holding 2 lbs of water). Don't worry too much about the scale on any given day, look for it as a trend over time.
  • marshrowan
    marshrowan Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I can weight train one day and the next day I'm up 2-3lbs
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    Weigh yourself right before bed tonight and again tomorrow morning after a trip to the bathroom. My personal record is a 4 pound drop overnight.

Seriously, water weight causes more fluctuations than your weekly fat loss goal. You can't take stock in small changes, they don't mean anything.
  • orlandodenise
    orlandodenise Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday and generally drop or stay the same and now and again gain - BUT I only take Fridays weight into account when looking at trends as its after 5 days of gym and a way from the weekends. Blips are caused by even moderate alcohol intake or time of the month or the occasional ( rare) carbohydrate full meal