low calorie tortilla / wraps where do i buy? UK

Options
cem789
cem789 Posts: 231 Member
just saw someone post a nice recipe with tortilla wraps (80 calories a wrap)

i often eat white or wholemeal wraps but the lowest calorie i have ever found is 142? that was a small wholemeal one

does anyone in the UK buy lower calorie ones? and from where?

id love an 80 calorie wrap, cos then i could eat two! with lots of protein filling :)

Replies

• coolkat17
    coolkat17 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    hi i buy the weight watchers wraps... they are about 90-100 calories and a bit smaller.. but today i was out and about so bought a w.w. ready made chicken fajita wrap. it was one wrap cut in half and the informationn thig called it two wraps! It was filling but well over 200 calories.

I'm not sure you will be able to have a wrap so low in calories?
  • Jojo42
    Jojo42 Posts: 223
    Options
    bump....

I'd be interested to know this too
  • whiskey9890
    whiskey9890 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    can't help too much but i would try your local morrisons, the've suddenly added loads of new breads etc to their shelves (i can get sandwich thins and square wraps at mine) so may be worth trying
  • michellewilliams10
    michellewilliams10 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Weight watchers are the lowest i've found. X
  • markymark39
    markymark39 Posts: 60
    Options
    I prefer the "Flat Out" multigrain wraps...should be located near the bread in your grocer. I buy the 3-pack at Costco if you are a member there.
  • cem789
    Options
    are the weight watchers ones wholemeal? i have a problem with weightwatchers foods in that they seem to think rediculous amounts of salt is ok.

any other low cal wraps?
  • coolkat17
    Options
    weight watchers are the lowest but they also stick together in the packet!

The best wraps are the tesco healthy living ones.... and don;t be fooled into just the healthy living version - the ones they do with seeds are lower! And nicer!!! I fill mine with salad and they are very yummy!!!
  • coolkat17
    Options
    i adn't checked the salt but as before try tesco - i think they are on special offer too!
  • hyper_stitch
    hyper_stitch Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I'm sure I've had some of the smaller Discovery wraps around 110? I am always jealous of the americans wide diet food choices and breads.

EDIT: Sainsburys Discovery Wholemeal Tortilla 109 cal
  • cem789
    Options
    can't help too much but i would try your local morrisons, the've suddenly added loads of new breads etc to their shelves (i can get sandwich thins and square wraps at mine) so may be worth trying

i will have a look.

low calorie wraps would be fantastic, big enough to hold all the filling together! who really needs two slices of bread at lunch, id far rather more chicken!!
  • cem789
    Options
    weight watchers are the lowest but they also stick together in the packet!

The best wraps are the tesco healthy living ones.... and don;t be fooled into just the healthy living version - the ones they do with seeds are lower! And nicer!!! I fill mine with salad and they are very yummy!!!

low calorie seed wraps?!! ammaaazzzing! i love seeded bread products but theyre always high cal
  • brendansmom1
    brendansmom1 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    My favorite are "Ole Extreme Wellness" 100% whole wheat wraps

I think they are 78calories if I remember correctly? And, they taste good..not grainy like others I have tried.
  • wenders123
    wenders123 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    This weekend I bought Mission Wheat & White Mini Wraps, which have added wheatgerm and fibre (from Asda). They have 97 cals each. Or you could use the new Warburton square wraps which are 159 cals each, and just cut them in half!
  • chrisyoung0422
    chrisyoung0422 Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I am obsessed with the Tortilla Factory 50 cal high fiber wraps right now.

As for buying them in the UK I can't help you there! Good luck! :smokin:
  • cem789
    Options
    I am obsessed with the Tortilla Factory 50 cal high fiber wraps right now.

As for buying them in the UK I can't help you there! Good luck! :smokin:

i wish the uk were as diet friendly as america!!!
  • michellewilliams10
    michellewilliams10 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Size matters girls.....the weight watchers wraps are a smaller diameter. Maybe just buy your favourite, stick a plate over it and cut round it & voilà ! A healthy wrap equivalent or lower in calories to the ww variety.
  • cem789
    Options
    This weekend I bought Mission Wheat & White Mini Wraps, which have added wheatgerm and fibre (from Asda). They have 97 cals each. Or you could use the new Warburton square wraps which are 159 cals each, and just cut them in half!

i bought the warburtons square wraps! i can not believe they are only 159 calories, they are thick, and really big!! i hope they have the calories correct!!!

anyways i have prepared pizzas out of them, i will use them all the time now!!

today im having peanut butter and bacon sandwich :) :P
  • lisab1969
    lisab1969 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    warburtons do sandwich thins and square wraps. here is the links to their website http://www.warburtons.co.uk/squareishwraps/index.asp - it has the nutritional value and some recipe ideas. the wrap is over 100 cal but you will only need the one as once you have filled it they are filling.

try it out.
  • louiseei
    louiseei Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I get the asda tortilla wraps - in the bakery section the large ones are 125 cals, resealable bag - which I like! Can't get enough filling in those small wraps.
  • sueceeq
    sueceeq Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I love La tortilla Factory wraps!! They come in several flavors between 50-100 calories. I especially love their Smart and Delicious line, so good! Sorry, I don't know where to get them in the UK though....