Is it ok to deadlift twice a week?

Options
I deadlift heavy on back day which is Tuesday (5-6 reps x3) and i deadlift light weight high rep on Friday which is leg day (10-12 reps x3)

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,565 Member
    Options
    One could do it 3 times a week if they wish. You're fine.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • cbhubbybubble
    cbhubbybubble Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I don't see why not. I do it every second day...3-4x per week
  • questionfear
    questionfear Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    I would think thats fine. I just wouldn't do them back to back days.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    When I was bulking I did something similar. Heavy deads, light squats on Monday and then heavy squats, light deads on Thursday. Just make sure you're getting adequate food, rest, and protein.
  • MyiahRose
    MyiahRose Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys, i just wanted to make sure i wasn't over doing it.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    sure...you might want to consider swapping out RDL's for traditional deads on your lighter weight/lower rep days. I do traditional deads "heavy" and other variations like RDL's on higher rep lower weight days...they really hit the hammies and glutes.
  • MagnumBurrito
    MagnumBurrito Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    Your current amount looks okay.
  • Charliegottheruns
    Charliegottheruns Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Yes
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    Yes. I pull 2-3x per week currently.
  • Ilikelamps
    Ilikelamps Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    yeah looks fine.
  • RushOfOxygen
    RushOfOxygen Posts: 226 Member
    Options

Never done them back to back. I can't find my balance with someone leaning on me.
  • DoingitWell
    DoingitWell Posts: 560 Member
    Options

Never done them back to back. I can't find my balance with someone leaning on me.

LOL good one!
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options

Ba-dum-tish-300x277.png
  • neaneacc
    neaneacc Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Deadlifts are a great exercise, and twice a week is fine. However, these days should be spaced apart and not back to back. Tuesday and then Friday allows the body time to recover, which is equally important. Don't be afraid to add more weight if you feel comfortable with your current routine. Too many women don't add enough weight to really work/sculpt the muscles. I normally judge if the weight is enough by the soreness during the recover (peak time about a day and a half after exercising). Mild discomfort is a necessary evil to muscle growth. Just remember you legs and butt are the larges muscles in the body, and therefore they need a good workout.
    Also, if you use the Olympic bar try using dumbbells with the same exercise. I notice that I have better form with the dumbbells for some reason.
    I hope this helps.
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    neaneacc wrote: »
    Deadlifts are a great exercise, and twice a week is fine. However, these days should be spaced apart and not back to back. Tuesday and then Friday allows the body time to recover, which is equally important. Don't be afraid to add more weight if you feel comfortable with your current routine. Too many women don't add enough weight to really work/sculpt the muscles. I normally judge if the weight is enough by the soreness during the recover (peak time about a day and a half after exercising). Mild discomfort is a necessary evil to muscle growth. Just remember you legs and butt are the larges muscles in the body, and therefore they need a good workout.
    Also, if you use the Olympic bar try using dumbbells with the same exercise. I notice that I have better form with the dumbbells for some reason.
    I hope this helps.

You must be new......we know what we're about, son =D

OP twice is fine. Like wolfman says, RDLs and stiff leg are a good way to mix it up too.