Broken scales ?

Options
My scales say that my 5ft 1 sister who's extremely petite is the exact same weight as i am (5ft 3 curvy) and that my boyfriend had put on over a stone in a month.

Is this plausible or should i invest in a shiny new pair ?

Replies

• Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    It's possible.

Why not take something that you know the weight of and test your scale? Then you'd know whether yours is accurate or whether you need a new scale.
  • gameovergt
    gameovergt Posts: 502
    Options
    what type/brand of scale? its possible.
  • oBirdieo
    oBirdieo Posts: 148
    Options
    You and your sister could weigh the same as different body types and heights will distribute the weight differently and you might also have different fat/muscle ratios. One of you might look heavier, but that doesn't mean that one actually is heavier.

If your boyfriends clothes feel tighter or he's been eating a lot, then he may well have gained a stone.

All scales are different, so it may just be worth testing the one you have. Do you have some weights or something you could use to test it for accuracy?
  • julia23
    julia23 Posts: 87
    Options
    The scales are digital from boots.

My boyfriends clothes are still baggy on him and he hasn't really been eating that differently.
    Good idea about the testing them, just trying to think of something that has a definite weight. Sugar ?
  • Monkeymin
    Monkeymin Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I had this problem and so i went to my local boots and weighed myself and it was just a lb out on my home scales. it seems i vary a lb or two on every scale but at least I knew they were close.
  • oBirdieo
    oBirdieo Posts: 148
    Options
    The scales are digital from boots.

My boyfriends clothes are still baggy on him and he hasn't really been eating that differently.
    Good idea about the testing them, just trying to think of something that has a definite weight. Sugar ?

Yeah -- bags of sugar or flour would be easy to measure.
  • julia23
    Options
    Just did the sugar test and it said that it weight 0.0 on stones, pounds and kg.
    So i tried it with 4 orange juice cartons full and still 0.0.
  • RainyAM
    RainyAM Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I think it might be time to invest a nice new shiny set!! ;)
  • julia23
    Options
    I agree! Thank you to everyone who replied!