Hungry day after workout

Options
I am currently working out with a personal trainer once a fortnight and follow a program he has designed for me when working out on my own - usually two sessions of weights in a circuit with cardio then a cardio workout per week. I don't know if there is a reason for this or not, but I am always really hungry the day after my weights workout. Does anyone else experience this or know why?

Replies

• jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Are you eating your exercise calories? I find that if I go a day or two without eating most of my exercise calories back, I end up binging as though my body is telling me I'm not feeding it enough so it'll grab whatever it can.
  • randa_behnam
    randa_behnam Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    im the same!! yesterday i started a new workout and today i want to stuff my face. but i dont feel guilty. i actually feel quite motivated to carry on and workout more.

i wonder why....?
  • denitraross
    denitraross Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    You should get a protein shake for after your weight lifing sessions. Your muscles are breaking down and protein will help with that breakdown and the hunger.
  • nrfcmad
    nrfcmad Posts: 4
    Options
    I am trying to eat back my exercise calories but sometimes struggle to put that much food in my mouth! I'm eating more now than I did before, albeit a much much healthier version.
  • NOLA_Meg
    NOLA_Meg Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    It has to do with the fact that cardio burns calories during your workout and for a short period afterwards (maybe an hour or two) while weight workouts can provide a burn that lasts the rest of the night and into the morning. I have the same issue due to a bootcamp I am in with kettlebells, etc. Just make sure you get enough protein and good foods- post workout and especially for breakfast the next day.