17 day diet

Options
Hi all!

I just recently downloaded the 17 day diet to my iphone and have decided to start tomorrow. I feel ready and have a fridge stocked full of fresh fruits and vegetables and lean meats. :happy: My question is this...the first cycle says to only do 17 min of exercise, however, I am currently involved in a training program until end of May, 3x weekly I have to do 1 hr of trx suspension training which is pretty intense ( i typically burn 600 cals a session), I also do other forms of exercise the other 4 days (between 200-500 burned calories), I am worried that this diet will not provide me with enough calories to sustain my workouts. Any suggestions or advice from any others who are doing this diet and work out hard would be awesome. Also feel free to share your successes and any tips to help me succed with this diet. I am pretty excited! :bigsmile:

Replies

• kimberlyirene
    Options
    Hi i was just curious about what this 17 day diet is all about i would like to know more about if you don't mind sharing
  • JM118
    JM118 Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi! I just started the 17 day diet about two weeks ago, so I have 3 days left on cycle I and it's great, really easy to follow and I went from 130 to 125 lbs in the first 7 days! I exercise about 3-4 days per week and burn between 350-550 calories each workout. I don't eat extra on those days, but I do plan a snack pre-gym so I have enough energy. Good luck!
  • stacysparacio
    Options
    i just started 2day 2! i'm supper excited about the change, I've been a weight watchers member for years & while it works the new program is supper cofusing while this program is simple and easy 2 follow..... Looking forward 2 seeing what the results will be! I'm also doing the 30day shred w/ Jullian Micheals and a 45 min walk w/ my dogs.... going 2 be fun!
  • forest98520
    forest98520 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I say whatever exercise you do regularly just stick to it. I think the 17 min thing is for people just starting out and they want people to be successful on this diet so they make it pretty hard to fail kwim?
  • carolynmittens
    Options
    i was exercising regularly (burning around 700 - 800 cals) for the first few days and felt fine, in fact i had more energy than usual. but then last night i did a spin class and it killed me... so i'd just say listen to your body, there's a good chance you might not have enough energy to do an intense workout. but if you're feeling good then go for it!
  • XoCynthiaXo
    XoCynthiaXo Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    The 17 mins is minimum, i do about 45 mins-1 hour a nig%ht and im on day 4 and have lost 3.4 lbs!!