First time dieter,not struggling at all, worried about future pitfalls,looking for advice.

Options
Hi. I've been dieting for about two weeks now, and according to myself ;) , im doing really well. My goal is to lose around 60 ibs, dont really care how long it takes.

I've set a daily calorie intake goal at around 1700. I feel like im eating a varied diet and plenty of volume so i havent found myself going hungry at any time yet, and i dont really have any cravings. i struggle getting up to my daily calorie intake, infact i usually end up coming in 400 500 short.

Like i've been a sodaholic for as long as i can remember and i expected to suffer alot from stopping consuming it, but with mineral water and and diet coke now and then i cant really say im missing it.

I've decided to pretty much stop eating any white flour based products like, pasta, bread and so on. I've limited myself to eating potatoes/rice to like 2 3 times a week at max 150 grams per serving.I had this idea going in to this, that i'd have to maintain the volume of food ive been consuming so i wont go hungry, and its actually working really well.

Cuecumbers,sallads,tomatos,peppers,mushrooms,beans,broccoli,root veggies and anything green and i'm happy. I eat chicken,beef,pork,fish with alot of veggies ive cut out any type of cooking fat except for canola oil. I still use low fat margarine on the bread i eat,get most of my sugars from fruit.I consume dairy daily. I pretty much feel like im eating varied and well.

I've lost like 7 ibs in the 2 first weeks, and i feel overall better physically. My stomach is feeling better than ever, I have more energy than in a long while.

Now heres the thing, its really stressing me out. I feel like im trolling myself, like im fooling myself into thinking im doing really well. I'm so new to this that i dont have a point of reference in this.

I constantly think im counting calories wrong, that theres something wrong with the database and that im just really fooling myself in to thinking im making progress.So yeah my mind is messing with me a bit.

So with all this said, what i would like is, for someone who really has experience with weightloss/dieting, to weigh in and give me some pointers, advice about how to maintain this in the long run. Also if you can see any wrongs im doing i'd appreciate any advice,comments,instructions on the matter.

If you made it this far. thanks for reading and i hope you are doing well in your own race to lose weight.

ps: Sorry about the trollish name and profile pic,never actually thought i'd make a post in the forums when i started this.

Replies

• 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Reading the sexypants post is a great place to start. It should be listed at the top of the getting started page in the forums. Also make sure you are logging everything and taking the time to select correct entries, use a foodscale!

~Best wishes
    Feel free to friend me if you want a buddy
  • potchizle
    potchizle Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I began my fitness journey one and a half years ago and I have lost approx. 55 lbs. I believe that posting/logging your foods every day on MFP is so very important. You will hit a plateau where you will not lose any weight. Do not lose hope and keep going (logging and exercising).

Also feel free to friend me if you want another buddy.

Good luck on your journey.
  • KCoolBeanz
    KCoolBeanz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Read the sexypants post mentioned above.

Also, find a way to work in the things you like so you don't go squirrely from not having them. You like beer and pizza? Awesome. Work them into your daily allowance (perhaps on an exercise day, when you have a little more wiggle room) and enjoy them.

Learn how to forgive yourself and move on when you eff up (it'll happen, it happens to all of us) and don't give up. Consistency is key.