Wii Zumba

Options
2»

Replies

• michellewilliams10
    michellewilliams10 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I just list it as dancing general. From what I can gather the cals come out less than those going to proper zumba class but i'd rather that than overestimating calories burned.

Ps I've been doing wii zumba for almost 2 weeks now and lost over 1 1/2 inches from my waist! My weight loss has increased by around 1/2 lb per week more as well. Completed intermediate moving onto pro today! Wish me luck!.....let's party

wow, how long do you play the game each day? Those are amazing results! :)

Hi Chantelle,

I started with the 20min classes for the first couple of days then quickly moved onto the 45minute one. I manage to do it at least 5 days out of 7 - so almost everyday. In fact it doesn't feel like a workout to me now as I love dancing around so I don't need any additional motiviation. I also drink over 2 large glasses of water during the workout & 1 glass to cool down after.

I shouls also say that on the 2 days where I didn't do the excercise I have eaten just carbs before it. I'm no scientist but I did read somewhere when eating carbs alone that can make you less active. They say carbs should always be eaten with a little protein. I think there is something in this theory. Now I make sure I don't eat just carbs as I want to maintain this commitment.

good luck, ps I got my from Amazon just £14. Money well spent!

Enjoy mxx
  • dustflyin
    dustflyin Posts: 12
    Options
    Just got this game yesterday and day one was pretty fun but whew after 20 minutes on easy I was sweaty! It is a lot of very quick foot movements and I'm not the most coordinated person so it took a few reps to get t down. I know as I do it more it'll get easier, but coming from someone who has never attended a class or done a DVD it's totally doable. I skipped the tutorials (tried one and it annoyed me more than helped me so I said forget it!) I'm excited to start day 2!
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I just got this game also and really like it! I have been to Zumba classes and according to my heart rate monitor burned between 650-670 in the classes. With the game I burned 535 with a 45 minute and 20 minute workout (including cool downs). I think the difference in calorie burns comes from all of the jumping and hopping that I have done in Zumba classes where in the game, I don't do that. I love it though - No driving and I can just wear what I want :)