163 to 129. Pics, happiness, woohoo!

Options
Hey everyone! So I have been on MFP for a couple years now. I successfully lost weight before, but after a hard breakup and a lot of bad decisions, I gained back almost everything I had lost bedtime. A year ago I weight over 163, was miserable, and felt so ashamed of myself. I only took photos of my head because I was so ashamed. I wore layers and clothing that made me look smaller than I was. I was eating horribly, taking a new birth control pill that added weight and a crazy appetite, drinking at least 5 nights a week, and all around sabotaging myself. I finally looked in the mirror and was sick of it. I cut out most bad food but allowed myself cheat meals, cut out fast food and white carbs, limited alcohol to wine and only a few times a month (WHICH IS HUGE FOR ME-especially as I live in Vegas and have always been a big drinker), and I added tons of different workouts to keep me motivated and have fun with it.

Over 30 pounds gone, muscle added, and overall SO MUCH HAPPIER, today I look back on my old pictures and am not ashamed, I'm proud at what I've done. If I can do this, anyone can. I assure you of that!!

hf7z3kc8633f.jpg
z14z1b96pnxi.jpg
rmb4655lqdg2.jpg
xnidpaoatn2j.jpg
wwnfzcd27xo0.jpg
utzjfirt3ts0.jpg
hveeqkugs012.jpg

Replies

• taeliesyn
    taeliesyn Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    Great work!
  • natis_olarte1991
    Options
    You look great!! What are your eating plans? I just start my weight loss journey any advise/recommendation would be very helpful
  • obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    Great job! How tall are you?
  • JatieKo621
    JatieKo621 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Thank you all! My eating plans vary day by day, mostly I try to stick to clean eating and lots of protein (egg whites, chicken, turkey, tofu, greek yogurt are staples!) but I don't always follow a strict eating plan. I workout 6 times a week, and workout more if I know I will eat something not as healthy as normal. I try to eat 5 small meals a day, mostly protein and steamed veggies. I buy the microwavable steamfresh veggies because they are fast and healthy!
  • JatieKo621
    Options

5'3....and a half! :)
  • Holla4mom
    Holla4mom Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    A year of great progress!
  • JatieKo621
    Options
    Holla4mom wrote: »
    A year of great progress!

thank you!
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Awesome! You're my height... I'm not as slender as you (yet) but maybe I will be in time.
  • obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    JatieKo621 wrote: »

5'3....and a half! :)

Thanks for answering! I'm just under your SW now and, well, I like to compare :blush:
  • cyoka13
    cyoka13 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Awesome job!
  • LisaGaimadi
    LisaGaimadi Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    You look terrific - yay you!
  • MinnesotaNice507
    MinnesotaNice507 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    You look AMAZING!!!! Very well done!! Super inspiring!
  • dmeddaugh67
    Options
    You look GREAT!! Congratulations on all the hard work.
  • act77
    act77 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    How did you adjust to the birth control (and hormones/cravings)? I'm about to go on bc and am worried it's going to pack on pounds.
  • senglishrose
    senglishrose Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous -- congratulations. When I was eating "clean" I had amazing dental checkups. It's amazing how good food can affect your body all over! Again congrats!
  • robert_n1
    Options
    do you count your calories? were you on a calorie deficit diet? btw great job on your diet. I was really inspired by your transformation
  • BrownsFan19
    BrownsFan19 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I'm the same height as you and our SW and GW are only a pound off. Ha! So glad I clicked on this post. I am 5'3.75" and starting weight was 164.4 and my goal weight is 130.
  • happygalah
    happygalah Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Very pretty before and after!
  • Marlene1667
    Marlene1667 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    You look great! an more important sounds like you have made some fabulous healthy choices for yourself. Congratulations!
  • JerseyChic76
    JerseyChic76 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!