Food for work.

Options
So I'm pretty much at work ALL day. what are some easy fast lunch meals you guys enjoy at work? Thank you.

Replies

• andreajorg21
    Options
    I always pre pack a salad and fruit. Mandarin oranges and strawberries were always the best. Otherwise protein bars. My leftovers from dinner
  • rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,660 Member
    Options
    I make sandwiches with deli turkey or chicken. Also, for the winter, I like the Healthy Choice microwave soups. They are quite filling, fairly low in calories, and don't have a s much sodium as other soups.
  • kristydi
    kristydi Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    There's a whole thread on bento lunchs in the recipes section. Even if you don't care about bento, there are pictures so you could get some ideas on things to pack.
  • Nati_Jean
    Nati_Jean Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I find it helpful to purposely make extra protein and veggies with dinners to pack for lunches that week. Then I just have to grab a cup of yogurt and a piece of fruit or similar for snacks.
  • dogsarebears
    dogsarebears Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I try to make a big batch of rice and beans on Sunday and divide it into lunch portions in Tupperware. Then i can just grab one Tupperware plus a few snacks (usually 2-3 of the following: apple, string cheese, carrot sticks, pretzels, almonds, yogurt) and lunch is ready to go in 2 minutes.

The beans i make usually involves some variation of: sautee chopped onion, bell pepper, whatever other veggies are around, some hot pepper if you like spicey stuff. Then add a drained can of diced tomatoes and herbs/spices like cumin, cilantro, garlic powder etc. Sometimes i add drained canned corn too. Then add a can or two of beans (either drained and rinsed from the can, or dried beans that you've already cooked), and maybe a can of refried beans to add a creamy texture if you like that. Cook at least until everything is heated through, but it can help to cook for longer to develop the flavors. The amounts are really flexible here, just mess around until you like it.

Rice and beans happens to work well for me but there are lots of things you could make ahead in batches: Turkey meatballs, chilli, fried rice with tofu...just a few off the top of my head
  • foursirius
    foursirius Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Tuna in a pouch. If you have a fridge buy yourself a full loaf of bread, lunch meat for the week, and just make the sandwich onsite. Otherwise leftovers if you have a microwave.
  • Katiebear_81
    Katiebear_81 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I do leftovers for lunch. I've made those chia pudding breakfasts from Pinterest, but I put protein powder in them. I take fruit, protein bars, extra veggies for snacks.
  • fallenoaks37
    Options
    Wraps -chicken caesar, turkey club, etc. They aren't messy, and they don't smell. Perfect for eating at my cubicle.