45 days, 23 pounds, and actually under 300 pounds since 2010!

Options
dradams116
dradams116 Posts: 15 Member
edited February 2015 in Success Stories
I just wanted to share for those bigger people who are losing motivation. I started on January 1 as a New Years resolution. I log everything I eat, stay under my calorie goal, and try to walk every day. Every Sunday is my weigh-in day and today, the scale showed 297. According to my medical record, I weighed 299 in 2010. Finally getting under 300 after 5 years is a huge, personal achievement, but it's also 1 of many goals I have for this year. When I start losing motivation and think I can't do it, I come on here, read other people's accomplishments, and get a renewed sense of "Yes i can!". My hope is that this post will motivate other people like posts have motivated me. If I can do it, you can do it too. Together, we can and will achieve our goals. We are all in the same boat. Feel free to add me as a friend.

8wrx722n6s9u.jpg

Top weight: 336 lbs
Starting weight: 320 lbs
Current weight: 297 lbs
Goal weight: 220 lbs

Replies

• 324_B21
    324_B21 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    That's wonderful! Congratulations and keep up the good work! :)
  • Poodles56
    Options
    Congratulations! way to go!
  • MammaLauraBrowne
    Options
    well done,,,,i hope can be as motivated as you
  • Holla4mom
    Holla4mom Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Keep up the great work! Can you share your specifics. How many calories a day are you eating? Are you exercising? Do you eat back those calories?

Thanks!
  • LJL162
    LJL162 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    That's great, fantasic job..........you can do this :D
  • TiffKouns
    TiffKouns Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    dradams116 wrote: »
    I just wanted to share for those bigger people who are losing motivation. I started on January 1 as a New Years resolution. I log everything I eat, stay under my calorie goal, and try to walk every day. Every Sunday is my weigh-in day and today, the scale showed 297. According to my medical record, I weighed 299 in 2010. Finally getting under 300 after 5 years is a huge, personal achievement, but it's also 1 of many goals I have for this year. When I start losing motivation and think I can't do it, I come on here, read other people's accomplishments, and get a renewed sense of "Yes i can!". My hope is that this post will motivate other people like posts have motivated me. If I can do it, you can do it too. Together, we can and will achieve our goals. We are all in the same boat. Feel free to add me as a friend.

8wrx722n6s9u.jpg

Top weight: 336 lbs
    Starting weight: 320 lbs
    Current weight: 297 lbs
    Goal weight: 220 lbs

WOW!! Awesome job
  • chicken2v
    chicken2v Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • dragyou
    dragyou Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Nice nice
  • cmsu64113
    cmsu64113 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    :)
  • kssmoke
    Options
    Hey that's awesome I am in the same boat. I have a long way to go but its nice to be under 300lb mark!
  • melamlaw
    melamlaw Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You can do it!! Great success already!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Excellent, keep getting it!
  • Gr8ChangesAhead
    Gr8ChangesAhead Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Fantastic, keep up the hard work .
  • Frappleberry
    Frappleberry Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Fantastic news, it must feel awesome to hit a milestone like that
  • NID2410
    NID2410 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Simply great. Keep going. I also come to this forum to seek motivation, and have started my walks just a couple of days back :)
  • Hulonrideout
    Hulonrideout Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I cannot wait until I'm under 300 I started at 352 and have lost 27 pounds so far. Thanks for this post it is encouraging!
  • hward27
    hward27 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    This is so great to read. I too am trying to get under 300. I have 15 pounds to go and having lost 55lbs it hasn't been so easy lately. Thank you for the motivation!
  • suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    nice work! So nice to have those milestones to celebrate along the way! Congratulations!
  • Rodax74
    Rodax74 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Keep up the good work!

Today is my 30th day and almost time for my first weigh in (decided to use the app and wait for 30 days before doing a weigh-in).

Keeps us inspired! I know I can use all the inspiration I can get! Thanks!
  • nightglo
    nightglo Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Love it! Thanks for the inspiration :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!