Looking for Advice

Options
I have this thing where my blood sugar drops too low instantly and I shake. I did diabetic tests and I'm not diabetic. But when I get my hands on food again I just keep eating like a bottomless pit and it seems like it takes a lot for the shaking to stop. Am I the only one with this problem? What can I do to stop it or at least control it?

Replies

• Metazoick
    Metazoick Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I'd really go to a doctor, if you keep having drops like that something is probably not going right. I assume you've already been to one due to the tests, but I'd go again and try and get them to find the root cause.
    As for what to do to control it have something sugary on hand to eat when you feel it dropping to lift it back up, maybe carry around some sweets or dextrose tablets, or some honey.
    If you work out have extra carbs, eat small and often, and don't have too much alcohol are all tips I know from doctors about low blood sugar with diabetes, but the same should be able to be applied here even if you don't have it. The important thing is for you to find the reason behind this with the help of a doctor, the above are just a fix for a symptom, and while it's not too bad now resolving the issue would mean it can't get any worse.
  • GoLolo09
    Options
    If you have not done so already, I recommend you have someone drive you to an Urgent Care or ER (if financially feasible) as soon as theses symptoms start. That way labs can be drawn while you are symptomatic.
  • porscheparcher
    Options
    Sounds like you need to regulate your blood sugar. How long have you been going through this? Any other health issues?
  • BaileyRoshau
    Options
    I don't have any other health problems. I'm just over weight and I have low self esteem. It mostly started when I gained weight. Until recently I hadn't realized how much I had gained and I'm pretty sure that mostly explains it. I'm going to try taking something some food with me. :)
  • ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I have anemia and when it really acts up. I shake and get incredibly weak.As soon as I eat something I feel better.