best reduced cal mayo?

Options
mkakids
mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
That doesnt taste like cardboard?

I LOVE helmans. Part (ok, most) of the reason I'm fat is that I can LITERALLY eat it off a spoon. I used to regularly dip romain heats in the jar and eat them as a snack (hey...its "salad", lol).

Replies

• navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    Best Foods makes one that's 15 cals per serving, I like it.

Rigger
  • amadalia
    Options
    There are varieties out now that have Olive oil included. Less calories.
  • ShandaLeaS
    ShandaLeaS Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I just bought the mayo with olive oil tonight and it was par for regular mayo imo
  • kayeiam
    kayeiam Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    ShandaLeaS wrote: »
    I just bought the mayo with olive oil tonight and it was par for regular mayo imo

I tried the Kraft mayo with olive oil and could not stand it, made my tummy feel yucky and the taste just didn't do it. Needless to say, 3/4 of the jar went into the trash. I will never buy it again. It is Hellmans for me too. I will sometimes do miracle whip light, but mostly I do hellman's
  • ryanhorn
    ryanhorn Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Have you tried substituting guacamole? I'm not saying it'll work for everyone (I'm a big proponent of eating what satisfies YOU) but for me, it tastes good and has a very similar texture to mayo.
  • tamawamara
    tamawamara Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I don't like low fat /low cal mayo. Best lower cal mayo? Just Less of a portion of real Hellman's Mayo.
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    I say just eat the mayo, but make sure you weigh it out and log what you eat. I eat mayo several times a month, and I have zero issues fitting it into my day. I would rather watch my portions and have the real stuff than find a knock-off low calorie option that doesn't taste as good.
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    Several times a month? That's it? I eat at least one serving of mayo a day (weighed). Usually 2. I CAN fit it in, but if there was an acceptable lower cal version, I would prefer that.

I wont eat the olive oil variety....I really dislike the taste of olive oil. But I love olives. Go figure.
  • lizzocat
    lizzocat Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    i like hellman's light mayo better than real mayo actually. But hellman's low fat is grosssss
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    the hellmans olive oil one is pretty damn good.
  • Iamnotasenior
    Iamnotasenior Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Try the Hellman's mayo with canola oil. It's 40 cal per tablespoon and it tastes good enough to fool my husband who says he will only eat "real" mayo.
  • Eudoxy
    Eudoxy Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I've been using the Best Foods with olive oil and I like it fine. Best Foods and Hellman's are the same thing btw, it just depends where you're located (in the U.S.).
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I just use Hellsman light mayo. It's decent.
  • mrsgoodwine
    mrsgoodwine Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I don't do low fat mayo. Full fat all the way but just less.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I like Kraft olive oil mayo.