Clean Eating

Options

I need you to help me keep on track with my healthy clean eating journey. I am currently at the stage in my life where i need to clean up my act on food. My poor insides have comsummed rubbish for too long. Now in 2015 i am changing my act.

Follow my Instagram account to help me stay on track @mygymhigh

Replies

• Dbernier1981
    Dbernier1981 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I need you to help me keep on track with my healthy clean eating journey. I am currently at the stage in my life where i need to clean up my act on food. My poor insides have comsummed rubbish for too long. Now in 2015 i am changing my act.

Follow my Instagram account to help me stay on track @mygymhigh

Same here. I haven't done gluten for 5 years due to ulcerative colitis issues but doesn't stop me from eating cheese too much (my vice). I want to start being clean inside and out
  • a05jwal
    a05jwal Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I've been trying really hard to eat clean and I think the more your body does it the more it rejects bad food. the other night i had some sort of sweets and I felt nauteous after it and tonight i bought a pre-made wrap and i got horrible stomach aches, so that is some incentive to eat clean and keep at it for me. its so hard with all the tempatations though.
  • dawny17
    dawny17 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I find the easiest thing for me to do when making the switch to clean eating was to change a little at a time. It's a change in the way you eat, not a diet.
    1. I started with getting rid of store bought bread, and made my own with my bread machine (bought yeast at health food store, and bought in bleached flour).
    2. Then I changed from white sugar to organic cane sugar and honey.
    3. I now buy almond butter or fresh ground peanut butter (not Kraft, or skippy etc way too much sugar and salt).
    4. If I know I need to make sandwiches for lunches then I cook up a chicken, roast or ham on Sunday and slice them for my lunch meats for the week.
    5. I try to buy organic meat when possible, or the ones grown with out antibiotics and growth hormones.
    6. I didn't throw out my pantry and start over, just as I ran out of something, I replaced it with a cleaner version.

Just remember if there are more than 5 ingredients then it's usually not clean, unless you can pronounce all the ingredients. Lol
    Google "clean eating magazine" it's a really great resource for clean eating. And it gives you a 2week plan in every issue. You can see older issues on their web site with tons of recipes.

Don't feel guilty if you fall off the wagon just get up and jump back on. And take it slow, changing too much at once can be overwhelming and just be a set up for disaster.

Have fun!!! I love this life style!!
  • AlciaMode
    AlciaMode Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Progress not perfection is what is important.