Protein bars

Options
what is your favorite protein bar? Do you use it as a meal? Or snack? I love Luna protein cookie dough bars. Looking for non nut suggestions

Replies

• verapal
    verapal Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am so very crazy about quest bars.....love it. I swear I could eat a box!!!!
  • gilramirez14
    gilramirez14 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I just discovered a bar called pro bar meal bar so good and very filling I eat it at 730 am font feel like eating till after 1 pm they do have like 380 calories but there really great for a full meal
  • smarkey13
    Options
    Quest bars for sure. 20 grams protein. HIGH Fiber!
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    Quest Bar's are my favorite Protien Bar pre/post workout, or even as a mid afternoon snack. The Cookies 'n Cream flavor is my favorite.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Quest. Usually as a snack or early morning when I'm not eating breakfast for a while. Today, though, it actually is my breakfast because I need to eat a large, early lunch.
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Some of the ones I eat:
    Quest bars
    Pure Protein
    Life Choice
    Think Thin
    Ansi
    Detour
    Lenny & Larry Fit Brownie (they also make muscle brownies, but it's like 340 cals for 20grams of protein. The Fit Brownie gives you 13g of protein for 190 calories.)

I primarily eat them as a dessert in the evenings or on the weekends if 1) my protein intake is too low or 2) I'm out running errands and getting hungry.
  • Farm_Girl_Strong
    Farm_Girl_Strong Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Great ideas on this thread! I need a good protein bar to up my intake daily. I have no issue having tons of veggies and a fruit here and there... But low sodium protein options is something I struggle with!
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    Quest bars offer me the most protein for the calories. I like the cookie dough ones. Otherwise, I like these...

amazon.com/Crunch-Protein-Energy-Chocolate-1-4-Ounce/dp/B00DVA3Y4U/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1425412306&sr=8-1&keywords=power+crunch+mint+chocolate

I like the mint and the white chocolate raspberry ones.

I usually can NOT make a meal out of these but they do make a nice snack (esp. on workout day). Sometimes if I manage to sleep in and get up late, I can have just one of these for breakfast but usually they are just snacks. On normal days, they cannot replace lunch or dinner for me...though I do keep one or two in my glove box if I'm driving at lunch time and have only undesirable choices available for lunch (i.e. fast food that I don't want)
  • thedodgeruk
    thedodgeruk Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    i make my own, cheaper by far
  • Farm_Girl_Strong
    Options
    I would love to mak my own... But I barely have time to feed myself through the day, much less bake anything! Feel free to make me some and send me on over!! @thedodgeruk
  • ryanhorn
    ryanhorn Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Think Thin Brownie Crunch Bars will change your life.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I like the Simply bars available here in Canada. They tend to be lower in calorie than most protein bars. Nut free, too.

http://simplyprotein.ca/
  • Farm_Girl_Strong
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    I like the Simply bars available here in Canada. They tend to be lower in calorie than most protein bars. Nut free, too.

http://simplyprotein.ca/

Look thise look yummy, I will have to order some and try them out!

• Farm_Girl_Strong
    Options
    ryanhorn wrote: »
    Think Thin Brownie Crunch Bars will change your life.

I have seen these on bodybuilder.com may have to order in my next batch and try them out!
  • HappyQuella
    HappyQuella Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Quest bars and Jay Robb bars. Both of those are my favorite by far.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Pure Protein Chocolate Deluxe = 180 Calories, 21 g protein.
  • NaturallyOlivia
    NaturallyOlivia Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Quest raspberry cheesecake is amazing. But quest bars can be hard to find sometimes depending on where you live. I also really like Luna bars in lemon zest and mint chocolate flavor.
  • BruceHedtke
    BruceHedtke Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried all the Quest flavors but the ones I have tried (Cookies & Cream, Lemon, Apple Pie, Strawberry Cheesecake, Cinnamon Roll) were all good.

I also like the Zone Perfect bars I've tried.

Most of the higher protein bars (the ones with like 30+ grams of protein), to me, are pretty tough to choke down. They just don't taste that good.
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    I can only stomach the chocolate chip cookie dough Quest bars and then only when heated. I have hated every other flavor I've tried (I know I'm the odd one). Given their price and that there are others I actually enjoy, I tend to just stay away from them now. I like premier protein, think thin, Oh Yeah, Clif Builder, and Supreme bars. Detour bars are only OK. I want to try some of the Jay Robb ones but haven't made it happen yet.
  • threnjen
    threnjen Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Quest Bars!! Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough in the microwave for 20 sec is soooo yummy