What Kind Of Music Motivates You?

Options
marcolbmp
marcolbmp Posts: 92 Member
edited February 2015 in Chit-Chat
Simple question, what do you listen to when you work out?

Replies

• ChicagOH
    ChicagOH Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    With Spotify, different each time -everything from Alabama to Slipknot, depending on that day's mood. I'd love suggestions, too!
  • marcolbmp
    Options
    for me, being an urban child of the 90's, I get in to a good rhythm with some old school rap. I have a Panodra station called Black Sheep, it makes me laugh sometimes, but definitely keeps me moving. Other than that, it's almost always Volbeat, In This Moment, All That Remains and some hard stuff like that. I highly recommend In This Moment though, the girl can sing it.
  • Mishy
    Mishy Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
    I like to change it up. As long as it's a fast song it's a good workout song for me. Today my new favorite song to run to is Fat Bottomed Girls by Queen. Judge all you want. I LOVE that song. :)
  • ChicagOH
    ChicagOH Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I listened to an hour of Queen last week. That is great stuff! Marco, I'm going to check out yours today.
  • marcolbmp
    Options
    ChicagOH wrote: »
    I listened to an hour of Queen last week. That is great stuff! Marco, I'm going to check out yours today.
    Check out the songs '*kitten*', Big Bad Wolf' and 'Sick Like Me', that should give you an idea of what you're in for...lol
  • NightShiftMedic
    NightShiftMedic Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I usually listen to things like Sevendust. That kind of music really gets me in the frame of mind to push hard.
  • tat2cookie
    tat2cookie Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    Skillet, Green Day, Linkin Park, Eminem, Pink, AC/DC... Anything hard and fast.
  • glwage
    glwage Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    It kind of depends on my mood. I can go anywhere from Miles Davis to Metallica on any given day.
  • UrnAsh_
    UrnAsh_ Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Rockabilly
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    otep, manson,bif naked, white zombie , kmfdm,die antwoord,arch enemy,dying fetus
  • ciarababydoll
    Options
    kanye.... work it out.. lolz
  • sailingheartships
    sailingheartships Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Rap, old school rap, hip hop, fast hard music. I listen to a lot of Eminem, mostly Recovery album haha. Green Day, Linkin Park, The Jay-Z and Linkin Park cd (Collision Course I think?), Slipknot, Dub FX..
  • deviantcupcake
    deviantcupcake Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Musicals. Mostly when I'm working out I'll listen to a cast recording of some musical. Especially for cardio, because it helps take my mind away from the 'ohgodithurts' and the feeling that I can't breathe.

But then sometimes I like a bit of electronic and indie rock, or some '70s music.