Dumbell workout for beginners?

Options
Would doing a fifteen minute beginners dumbell workout about three times a week make a difference to weightloss and improve
my body...

currently I have about 20lbs left to lose and then I'll be at my goal weight :)

I will also be doing other cardio ie exercise bike and cross trainer,might start to run that could be interesting

Replies

• Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    That helps.. if it's a good routine. Which program are you going to follow?
  • trogdor5
    trogdor5 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yes, definitely use some weight training in your routine. Weight training doesn't burn that many calories (in some cases it does based on how you do it, but not most cases) but it will help you maintain muscle mass as you lose weight to help optimize your losses. Keeping that muscle may not seem so important to you if you're a girl, but muscle helps keep your BMR high and will make your weight loss that much easier as you near your goal.
  • Nat_oxox
    Nat_oxox Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Forget the number on the scales and concentrate more on how you feel and how your clothes fit rather than wanting to hit a goal weight. Strength training has so many benefits and if possible everyone should do some. It not only shapes your body but you'll gain physical and metal strength. Building some muscle some be important to everyone not just guys. Muscle is denser than fat so the weight on the scale may and can fluctuate but your inches will go down.