Help please!!!

Options
2dnwd2d6dnzf.png
ehbwpfjn6yo0.png
qoaqb6y7gept.png

Hi I really need some advice on how to lose fat. I am eating less than 2,300 calories a day (a PT told me to aim for 2,300). Here are some images of me. I am doing 12 minutes of HIIT three times every week. I am lifting around 3 times a week and doing calisthenics and stretching as well. I am a pescatarian and have recentley quit added sugar. I also only eat bread once a week (homemade).

Do you think I am fat? And how do I get around this? I put in so much work but am not seeing results! I am improving the weight being lifted but cannot see any definition in my biceps? I am really losing motivation. Any tips/experience welcome pleasE?

I am thinking of doing insanity as well? I am active everyday I move and do stuff. Hardly ever sit on the couch! I don't understand!!!

I weigh 69kg.

Thanks!!

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    how much less than 2300 cals per day are you eating?

to lose weight you just need a calorie deficit.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    How did your PT come up with 2300? Depends on your output(calories in vs. calories out). Although I think you look fine, the ultimate person would be you to answer your question. Think body recomposition.
  • luckypony71
    luckypony71 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Weights will help you build muscle and tone. I don't think you are fat. How long have you been lifting?
  • terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    Hey, I think that you’re in pretty good shape as it is. If you’re active every day, and exercising most days, I think that you are just simply eating a bit too much for your metabolism. The good news is that you’re maintaining weight at 2300 calories/day. That’s great! What I do and what I recommend to people is to eat at a calorie level that allows you to make good progress towards your goal. If you are trying to lose weight, eat so you drop 1-2 lbs/week. This assumes an average calorie burn from you getting in all of your workouts. This will be different for everyone, so you'll have to do some trial and error to figure it out. I'd start ~1800 cal/day. Hit this goal, along with your macros and getting in your workouts, for 2 weeks. If you lose 1-2 lbs, you're good to go. If you lose too much, increase your intake and repeat. If you don't lose enough, reduce your intake a bit and repeat. After a few weeks, you'll figure out what works for you in your situation.

Allan
  • ionakathrynevans
    Options
    I have been lifting for around a month and a half :). Thank you for your response. I am using the MFP calculator but do find it difficult to count the calories. Would one of the reasons for my shape being that I don;t take a protein powdeR?

Thanks
  • jessiethe3rd
    jessiethe3rd Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    If you want to lose weight you need a calorie deficit. Right now to show muscle you need to lean out or gain more muscle... It's pretty much that simple.

If you are asking if you look fat... Only you can answer that question.
  • hairtherapy8
    hairtherapy8 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It could be that your are not getting your water in ..I bought a 64oz water bottle and I drink 2 a day one in the morning and one in the evening .. When I started to get the water in the scale moved
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    I have been lifting for around a month and a half :). Thank you for your response. I am using the MFP calculator but do find it difficult to count the calories. Would one of the reasons for my shape being that I don;t take a protein powdeR?

Thanks
    Protein powder is just food that you can use to get your protein numbers up, it has absolutely nothing to do with your "shape" - that's genetics (if you're referring to your body's actual shape vs being "in shape")
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    You have a good healthy looking body

If you want to see visible musculature keep up your progressive weight lifting and reduce your body fat% by eating at a small defecit. If 2300 is your maintenance that's great, knock 250 off and start to count carefully

Pescetarian is a life choice, your lack of bread means nothing ..carbs are good especially for stamina

Why do you find it difficult to count calories?
  • xxImAninja18xx
    xxImAninja18xx Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    nice tattoo.got the same one on my arm.