Eating back excercise calories

Options
i just wanted to get a few opinions. Here's my story. For the longest time I was refusing to eat back any of my excercise calories. I have been pretty active going to the gym 3-4 times a week. I completely stalled with my weight loss. A few friends said I needed to eat more so I tried eating a couple hundred more calories a day. Now my weight loss is going way better than before. Has this happened to anyone?

Replies

• tysbobo
    tysbobo Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am struggling to lose. I increased cardio to work off tummy and cut back food and no weight loss. I hate blaming stress and I don't want to eat more. I don't do any beads or pasta either. Not sure where to go??!!??
  • sjp_511
    sjp_511 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I don't know the science behind it, but I have seen many people also report that they got over a weightloss plateau by increasing calories. Many people are impatient about weightloss, cut calories drastically while doing a lot of cardio and then get frustrated. I am not a success story yet (pregnancy got in the way), but I have read these forums a lot. The people with the best success seem to have a much more moderate calorie deficit and truly make a lifestyle change. If you haven't already, check out these posts:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants#latest

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1161603/so-you-want-a-nice-stomach/p1
  • Withwings137
    Withwings137 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm not an expert here in the slightest, but if you were consistently not eating enough calories, your body thinks its not going get enough calories so it stores everything. When you are in the right calorie range, it recognizes it is getting enough and will stop storing everything you eat.

Wouldn't it be nice if we could just tell our bodies that its temporary?
  • Rusconi
    Options
    Check out carb cycling. It works great for weight lose as well as building muscles.