12 week challenge...anyone??

Options
Okay so I have 15 weeks until my summer holiday, so thought what better way to up the motivation than with a 12 week challenge. Starting from Monday 16 May and for the following 12 weeks I am going to try and drop 28 lbs and hopefully 2 dress sizes. Using MFP I hope to do this in the most healthiest way possible.

Anyone up for the challenege??

I plan to post my starting weight on Monday (and dress size) and then again Monday 08 August. :tongue:

Replies

• bridetobe310711
    Options
    i am in!! xx
  • SaraBrown12
    SaraBrown12 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    count me in :) cw 200lb dress size 16-18
  • Christie23
    Christie23 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Oooh... me!! I want in! :bigsmile:
  • ashleyh3156
    ashleyh3156 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I am in too!!
  • lovecola06
    lovecola06 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I would love to be in on this challenge :happy: Can't wait until Monday! I will be starting Insanity that day.
  • lcooper44
    lcooper44 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello,

My summer vacation is at the end of July so I have about 10 weeks. So I too need to lose about 35 lbs. I would like tto get to a size 10
    currently 195lbs. I'm up for the challange. Good luck.:smile::smile:
  • amazing_grace♥
    Options
    I want in.

I'll post my info (weight and dress size) on Monday. Will we be posting once a week or once a month or something? (I'm a newbie and not sure how this works). Thanks.
  • tinytotnot
    tinytotnot Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Wow, thanks everyone for the support, we CAN do this. I'd say weekly weigh in postings would be good, will keep us all motivated.

Monday here we come :smile:
  • dietfree2012
    dietfree2012 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    im in!
  • mpoff
    mpoff Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm in too!! I wanted to get back to working out this is a great way! I lost a little bit of weight then quit smoking and gained 10 pds back, so now it’s time to lose the 10+ pds!!! My activities are Turbo Fire, Walking, Biking and dancing!

5'6"
    SW 164
    CW 174
    GW 155
  • lovecola06
    lovecola06 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Is there anyone else here doing Insanity? just curious b/c I am about to start it on Monday and hoping someone else will be able to keep me motivated :wink:

-Nicole

5491367.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • tinytotnot
    Options
    Okay, so it's Monday and here we go:

Starting weight 231 lbs
    dress size 18/20 (depends on the shop)

My aim for the 12 weeks is to drop to 203 lbs....actually if I am telling the truth it would be to drop to 199 lbs, just so I'm out of the 200's; and dress size to be 14/16, here's hoping.

I've decided to cut out wheat, sugar, alcohol and most dairy for the next 2 weeks, as well as no carbs after 6.00pm. I am planning on doing my Jillian Michaels 30 day shred every morning and then 45 minutes on the treadmill in the evenings, I tend to do a circuit type run, i.e. 1 minute at say 6.5 and then 2 minutes at 8.0, or as fast as I can, apparently it helps to burn the fat....as they same that proof will be in me not looking like a pudding!!!

Good luck everyone, looking forward to the support and good results :flowerforyou:
  • jpooley1988
    jpooley1988 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!! I need a mini goal to help with the motivation.

222 lbs UK dress size 20.

Aim to get past the 200 lb mark at the least!!!

Here goes to the next 12 weeks :)
  • last_time11
    last_time11 Posts: 68
    Options
    Hey I'm in :D

My current weight is 83 kg / 182.9 lbs

Dress size is a little harder, I'm gonna go with 18

I'd like to loose 13 kg / 28 lbs

My weight loss at the moment is very very slow so I don't know how possible that is. I'm keeping my calories to 1200, doing 30 mins of cardio everyday, and some resistance training too, I'm looking into doing more, like maybe Insanity, or Jillian Michaels.
  • tinytotnot
    Options
    Hey Last_time11 glad you're joining us.

I have been doing teh Jillian Michaels 30 day shred, and as insane as it sounds, actually enjoying it, couple of the guys in work started that insanity thing and gave up after about 2 days as it was too hard, maybe IF I ever become really healthy I'll try that as a challenge!!
  • cherrydietcoke1
    Options
    hi everyone can I join???

My name is Lyd from the UK and my current weight is 162lbs, I would like to lose 28lb to fit into my wedding dress by August, wedding is in November.

I have lost 10/11lbs so far with my fitness pal but I really need some new challenge, friends and motivation now!!!

good luck everyone! xxx
  • cherrydietcoke1
    Options
    ps what is insanity???
  • tinytotnot
    Options
    Hi Cherrydietcoke1

The more the merrier, I wish I had lost more weight for my wedding last year, but am making up for it now!!

Hopefully the link below to insanity website will work, all I know is that it is a very very very tough workout, I seen some TV ads for it a few weeks ago, and yikes

http://www.beachbody.co.uk/product/fitness-training/insanity-workout.do?code=SEMB_GOOGLE_SAN_UK&extcmp=4785dd1b70b76d0&ef_id=TI@StwqoEGMAAHMkeW0AAAmA:20110516130103:s
  • cherrydietcoke1
    Options
    omg just had quick look at the link! its scary! I can't believe I haven't heard of it. Is anyone doing it? its expensive!!

I am a big size 12 at the moment, was 14 when started MFP, but my wedding dress is a US size 6 or 8-10 UK. My 34E boobs are never gonna fit into it as I am at the moment and I know I will regret it if I end up getting married being miserable feeling flabby!!

Where are you going on your holiday?? xx
  • bridetobe310711
    Options
    hey guys!!!!
    weight atm- 11st 3&1/2 pounds
    wanting to get back to 9stone!
    dress size currently- 12-14

hoping to get down to size 10(uk)

good luck all!! xx