I need help with what to eat and when

Options
i need help like when I would be at supper and I order a steak when I should really be having salmon. Can someone help me with my eating schedule :'(

Replies

• kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    It's not so much about what you eat, but how much. The steak or the salmon could be a good choice depending on what else you have eaten that day. The best place to start is by figuring out your calorie goal - what are your stats (age/height/weight/how much you want to lose)?
  • LoveMyBabes3
    LoveMyBabes3 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I like to plan my whole day out in advance. So I wake up in the morning and enter in my mfp diary all the foods I know I'm going to eat. Then I can see where to make changes before I have even consumed any calories. Sometimes i have to change by taking things out or adding another snack or switching one food for another. If I know I'm going to eat a higher calorie dinner then I will plan a lower calorie breakfast and lunch. Planning ahead helps me a lot!
  • lindseyrenee8
    lindseyrenee8 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I agree with mtfechter. I plan my day the night before and make adjustments as the day progress. For me, I have to eat every two or three hours. Just a piece of fruit or very small snack.
  • ebyla85
    ebyla85 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    i need help like when I would be at supper and I order a steak when I should really be having salmon. Can someone help me with my eating schedule :'(

Pretty much eat every 2-3 hours smaller meals . I've been eating half of my lunch for dinner . Make sure you drink lists of wAter also . Drink a cup before you eat even before you eat a snack . That usually helps me .
  • ebyla85
    ebyla85 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    5t1d3cp8bih0.jpg
  • ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I plan most if not my whole day foodwise the day before usually leaving about 150-200 calories for unexpected cravings. I also quit eating by 10pm but, I don't sleep til about 3 am.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

whats wrong with eating steak?
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    OP, are you really 18?
  • Withwings137
    Withwings137 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure where you are starting, but check out http://www.choosemyplate.gov/ it has a lot of good basic information on what you should eat any why.
    Go here: http://www.choosemyplate.gov/myplate/index.aspx and enter your information to see how many calories you should be eating, and in what portions (protein, fruit, veggies, dairy, grains). Then take that information and spread it out throughout the day. For example, a healthy breakfast could be 1 protein, 1 grain, 1 fruit/veggie. Adding a protein to each meal is really good for keeping your energy level up.
    Pay attention to your serving sizes (look on the package). It helps to weigh things out until you know what you should be eating.
    I hope this helps.... :)
  • Withwings137
    Withwings137 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    As far as steak is concerned... everyone has their different opinions on red meat, but mainly if you eat a balanced diet you should be good. I tend to break down the protein for my dinners like this: 2 red meat, 2 white meat (chicken, turkey, pork), 1 salmon/fish, 1 veggie meal, and 1 homemade pizza night (for the kids :) ).

This may be TMI for some, but something you should consider as a woman. I make sure I eat more red meat around that time of the month. I have a tenancy to become anemic (low iron) so I make an effort to eat food with more iron (red meat, beans, spinach/broccoli/leafy greens).
  • cebreisch
    cebreisch Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's so much about the steak or the salmon, but how it's made and what you have with it.

Meaning: Country fried steak isn't a very good choice, but a sirloin with some seasonings is fine.

Also - are you having a totally dressed baked potato (cheese, sour cream, onions, bacon, etc.) or just the baked potato with a little salt/pepper/butter.

• eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    Smaller steak?