I'm new here.. Looking for a fitness partner

Options
yellowpear
yellowpear Posts: 137 Member
Hi,

While googling, I came across this site and 'Myfitnesspal' is the best site I have ever come across in all these years. All the members are very supportive. The tools given are extremely useful and the best I have seen. The site is very informative.

I am a 27 year old female. I have been overweight/obese since I was 15 years old. Right now I weigh around 169 lbs with a height of 5 2"... yup, I'm obese.

Last year I was motivated to get rid of the excess weight and managed to lose around 20 - 22lbs in 4-5 months through strict diet & exercise. I used to go to the health center close to my home 6 times a week.. worked out for around 3 hours (I was lucky to get a very good motivating trainer). Then most of the days in the evening I would go for a brisk walk & cover around 6 Kms in less than an hour. My diet included lots of salads & proteins (mostly vegetarian) & good oils.

But that was it. Later on having to face some problems, I started to hog when emotional. In a year, my weight increased to 185lbs. :(

I also started to suffer from PCOD which made it even tougher to lose weight. I have managed to eat healthy nowadays. I have managed to lose 16lbs. Last week I had to go through a miscarriage. Since I am supposed to conceive only after 3 - 4 months break, I have enough time become healthy.

I was wondering if anyone would like to join me and help each other by motivating to lose weight. I will only be able to diet for a month since my body needs some rest to regain strength after the miscarriage. But after that I am all set to diet & exercise and lose weight.

I was aiming for the weight that I was at 14 years of age... 114lbs. or at least a 129lbs.

Thanks.

Replies

• EHuntRN
    EHuntRN Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me...and good luck on your weight loss and Im here to support you...I'm 5'2 and I started out at 180 in Jan, so I know about being obese..it has taken me 130 days to lose 20 lbs...but im not complaining...another 20-25 to go to goal.....just stick with it...it gets rough some times...but it is full proof!!
  • Joanne4494
    Joanne4494 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi

Sorry to hear about your loss.

When you are ready feel free to add me im only new here so every little helps.

Joanne x
  • nickyevans
    nickyevans Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I had an ectopic pregnancy and a miscarriage a few years ago and have now had to come to terms with never having my own kids (I have two step children).
  • yellowpear
    yellowpear Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Thanks all of you for the support.. It means a lot to me..