fitbit charge hr vs normal heart rate monitor

Options
Anyone compare the accuracy between.the 2? I have a chest strap monitor but really hate using itz was wondering if the chargehr give you similar readings?.

Replies

• Claire8614
    Claire8614 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Looking at some reviews online I think the fit bit is pretty good but I've heard that you need to have it slightly further up your wrist for the heart rate monitor to be more accurate

if you're not really bothered about a slight difference in calories maybe the fit bit might be a good option for you

I was thinking of buying one but I've brought a polar instead because I already have a fit bit flex and didn't think the fit bit hr was worth the extra money!
  • blackcoffeeandcherrypie
    Options
    I'm happy with the readings I'm getting from my Charge HR. I think my HRM was overestimating it by quite a lot.
  • rougenoire
    rougenoire Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I have a charge HR and the heart rate tracking seems to be pretty good. I can only compare to the gym machines which were always way out for me anyway but it gives much more sensible readings. As you wear it all day you can see how long it takes to recover from running for the bus/up the stairs etc too which I find interesting.
  • mlboyer100
    mlboyer100 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I went to buy a fit bit HR two weeks ago. Noticed that it was only water resistant and reviews backed that up. I decided to go with the Garman WATERPROOF ViviSmart. It has the chest band for HR and so far I love it! Since I live on the lake, have a boat, go swimming I'm basically always around water. Since I already drowned two smart phones I figured waterproof was the way to go for me!