iv lost 16bs in just under 1 month

Options
Is this healthy? I went from 166 to 150 in under a month.. I still want to loose another 20 lbs.. I'm 5ft6 and lookin for tips to drop fasster as i have a hslf msrathon in under a month x

Replies

• rachu9502
    rachu9502 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Wow... Thats great. How did you do it?
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    4lbs a week @ 166? Nope, not very healthy - a large part of that loss is likely muscle... and now you want to drop faster? Sorry, I got nothing.

• SibbyVonWilder
    SibbyVonWilder Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Well I've been doing a few 10ks this last 2 months.. Got sore bones from running with extra weight do I started using this to count calories I also use a xls medical fat binder to help along.. But as active as I may be I've noticed the weight loss slowing down.. Still need to shed at least 15lbs n its getting harder to achieve
  • Pipsg1rl
    Pipsg1rl Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    The closer you are to goal, the harder it is to lose. I'd re-eval your goals and nutrition plan.
  • SibbyVonWilder
    Options
    Pipsg1rl wrote: »
    The closer you are to goal, the harder it is to lose. I'd re-eval your goals and nutrition plan.

What would u suggest? Cardio or strength at this stage? I eat really healthy most is all fresh and I don't eat bread or pasta
  • bizarrefish
    bizarrefish Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    4lbs a week @ 166? Nope, not very healthy - a large part of that loss is likely muscle... and now you want to drop faster? Sorry, I got nothing.

That seems really unlikely, given the amount of mass. Far, faaaar more likely water weight.

Particularly if you're playing with your diet, you could have inadvertently removed something from the diet which was bloating you. I'm a fairly lean guy, but give me wheat and I can gain that in a few days, no exaggeration. It all comes off in a week, and that's certainly not muscle loss.
  • slittle80
    slittle80 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Recommended loss is 1-2 pounds per week without impacting lean muscle mass. Initial losses can usually be accounted for with water weight (can also hold water and work against you). But that's a general rule. So I'd say even with water loss, you're not eating enough to fuel your body in the marathon training. Your body needs carbs, especially when running long distances. I agree with bizarrefish, it's likely as much water/fat as true muscle loss at this point, but it could get to that point soon if you continue at that rate.
  • areallycoolstory
    areallycoolstory Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    Is this healthy? I went from 166 to 150 in under a month.. I still want to loose another 20 lbs.. I'm 5ft6 and lookin for tips to drop fasster as i have a hslf msrathon in under a month x

I have too. Exactly 16 lbs as of yesterday. I actually started working out several months before I began eating better, so I'm thinking my body was just ready. You seem very fit overall, and I have much more weight to take off than you. However, I wonder if our situations are similar. Once you added the food component, your body just took it off faster. I wouldn't jump right to the unhealthy conclusion, unless you are feeling unwell and weaker, or if you have been restricting your calories dangerously. I'm not sure what medical fat binder is. I wouldn't try to lose any faster. You want to be fit enough to run. Unless there is some sort of a weight restriction for the event you are training for? Even then your health is more important. Good luck.
  • SibbyVonWilder
    Options
    What would be the best food / meal for preparation for the marathon?

I gained all the weight from a pregnancy that failed and I use running to compensate.. I jus feel like in such a rush now to go back to the weight I used to be prior to the loss as I gained weight with worry also
  • slittle80
    slittle80 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Sibby, my wife and I went thru that a couple years ago and it takes a while for your body to adjust. I would say a portion of your weight loss has been a result of that miscarriage. It gets better, and when your body adjusts to what you're eating/doing, the loss will be more consistent. I can't imagine you have much to lose at 150 pounds, so it will be slower as you get closer to your goal weight. Keep your calories up in a healthy range and keep working. There are no magic foods to eat, but keeping a good mix of carbs and proteins will keep your body regulating and dealing with the added stress of training.
  • AwesomeSauceTN
    AwesomeSauceTN Posts: 27 Member
    Options

^^ditto! Focus on being more fit and healthy. Deprioritize the numbers on the scale. Nobody knows what you weigh. Only people can see how you look and feel. That's more important to you... I hope
  • olyjok
    olyjok Posts: 133 Member
    Options
  • veggiequeen75
    veggiequeen75 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I may be out of line, but as a woman who has also miscarried, are you using food, exercise & weight loss as something you can control? I know I was devastated, felt out of control & also like a failure.
    16lbs in a month at your size & you want to lose more faster, it just makes me concerned for you.
    I wish you all of the best and I hope you are truly taking care of your whole self.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!