If you could have your dream career, what would it be???

Options
Saragirl2
Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member
Imagine, no matter what your age, financial situation or family commitments. If you could follow your passion or fulfill a dream, what would it be? I would love to be an Industrial Designer (I'm a stay at home mom now).

Replies

• inkaholic_01
    Options
    I'd like to own 2 motorcycle stores. One selling sports bikes and the other selling Harley's. I'm a retail manager at present.
  • dillon_88
    dillon_88 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Working with marine animals. Love animals. Love the water. Boom.
  • TheBigFb
    TheBigFb Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Booboo masseuse
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    I am doing it now. RN/BSN work from home for an ins company. Health coach. LOVE IT!!!!
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,770 Member
    Options
    I would love to be a travel writer...specializing in luxury resorts and spas.

I used to write for a luxury real estate magazine. Alas they did not fly me to places like Hawaii or Aspen when I was writing about those areas. Heck, they didn't even spring for the MetroNorth train ticket when I did an article on Westchester County ("Where the City Goes to Sleep: New York's Premier Bedroom Community")
  • hansmdude
    hansmdude Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Professional Nomad... going from town to town through Central and Northern Europe and vacation in Spain and Portugal, LOL can I get paid for that?
  • Ria_StayingFit
    Ria_StayingFit Posts: 6,891 Member
    Options
    If money were not a consideration I would love to work in a women's shelter or a not for profit organization. I want to feel like I am contributing to making other people's lives better. Right now I work for the government department that doles out the money that goes to those organizations to do good.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    I've wanted to be a Chef for as long as I can remember, but life got in the way. Had a family to support and girls to raise. Well, the girls are all raised, life is good and I am close to retirement. My wife and I are renovating our home to sell, and, when we retire, we are relocating to Las Vegas where I plan to enroll at Le Cordon Bleu. I will never work as a Chef, but I will become one, and my family will benefit when they come to visit us.
  • monkeystikx
    monkeystikx Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I love my job right now, as a Chef.

But if I had to change, I would love to be a baseball color man on the radio. I have absolutely no skills in this though.
  • LetsTryThisAgain54
    LetsTryThisAgain54 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Actor. And I'm working on that dream now. Better late than never. :)
  • Awolkawasaki
    Awolkawasaki Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Illustrations for south park
  • salemxo
    Options
    I would love to be a detective or a forensic pathologist.
  • justinegibbons
    justinegibbons Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Before I decided to stay home with my son, I was a hairdresser and I can honestly say that was my dream job. I loved going to work everyday.
  • slittle80
    slittle80 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Personal trainer and gym owner. Engineering is too stressful!
  • agratzy
    agratzy Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Actor as well! I was just offered my first tour so I celebrated by buying a fitbit for myself! haha
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    Stay at home Dad
  • juleszephyr
    juleszephyr Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Prosecuting Barrister. OMG if I had my life again...
  • Rivers2k
    Rivers2k Posts: 380 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    An Artist and an Author, but I am doing it as a hobby. I published my first children's book Adventures of Bear & Fox two years ago through Amazon. I have my next book coming out next month. If I had more time to work on it I could do so much more. But in the real world I have to make money so a hobby it will remain. My kids love them so that is enough for me.
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,835 Member
    Options
    I'd love to sing and dance full time in a live show!
    I'd also love to do something to help the less fortunate and change the world for the better! :)

• just_diana77
    just_diana77 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    A stay at home mom, and volunteer at kids schools, shelters, and hospitals.