Shift Work Healthy Life Style

Options
Looking for fellow shift workers who want to stay healthy and lose pounds doing it. Shift work messes up your metabolism but I know some that are also super fit living this lifestyle. Anyone who needs support please feel free to add me. I am determined to get healthy again but would love to connect with other who are also on the same path.

Replies

• aam117
    aam117 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I'm currently working a swing shift (I'm more naturally an early riser) but I also deal with frequent "modifications" to my work schedule. I definitely feel like it messes with my energy levels and motivation to maintain healthy habits. Tips, tricks, and general support from people dealing with non-traditional schedules would be fantastic!
  • vicki1803
    Options
    Hello....
    I work shifts too...
    I used to do 13 hour shifts and only have a slice of toast before I went to work at about 6am and then have my tea at around 9pm when I'm home!
    I tended to eat healthier when I was working nights, have my tea before work! I drunk lots of water at work snacked on fruit or carrot sticks and had soup or something!!
    Got a new job now so still trying to figure it all out... Work 8 hour shifts and hardly any nights. Need to stop the not eating at work :(
    Xx
  • missh1967
    missh1967 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I've lost well over 60 pounds while working the night shift, and I'm 47 to boot. It's doable. Add me if you'd like :)
  • sjda123
    sjda123 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    It really does mess with your metabolism for sure. I work 3 x12 nights and of course you have to add in the "hung over" day after. Love the staff on nights and for most part the way it fits in with my family but as I sit here typing after a lovely 10 day break - ready to go in again tonight - I am actually dreading it. missh1967 would love to connect with you to see how you did it. That's truly amazing!
  • katin07
    Options
    I work 12 hr nightshift for about 5 years now and i gained 20lbs since i started this shift. I felt my health go down --body aches and pains, low energy, bad sleep, bad skin etc. But since January I started eating healthy and taking this amazing natural nutritional supplement (not a weight loss supplement) and i have dropped 7lbs-- not a lot but i am really feeling the difference in my health particularly energy level, better sleep mo aches and pains and clearer skin.
  • missh1967
    missh1967 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    sjda123 wrote: »
    It really does mess with your metabolism for sure. I work 3 x12 nights and of course you have to add in the "hung over" day after. Love the staff on nights and for most part the way it fits in with my family but as I sit here typing after a lovely 10 day break - ready to go in again tonight - I am actually dreading it. missh1967 would love to connect with you to see how you did it. That's truly amazing!

Sent you a reply. :)

Speaking of night shift, I'm off to make my lunch, dinner, and snacks to take to work and then I'm off to sleep.

• sjda123
    sjda123 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    So good. I've been meal prepping all morning as I'm back in tonight. It's too bloody cold to venture outside so this is a great day to do that :D