Are there any non-chocolate protein bars that taste good?

Options
I don't like chocolate... (I know, crazy). I also am not a huge fan of peanut butter (unless its the real thing).. But I find most protein bars are centered around those flavours, and the odd ones that aren't taste horrible.

Any delicious suggestions?

Replies

• keithb0522
    keithb0522 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I try to get a protein bar that is under 280 calories. I only eat half as one of my snacks each day. I love the peanut butter protein bars. I just get the cheap ones at my local grocery story $1 each. I try to keep it cheap and simple in every meal.
  • keithb0522
    keithb0522 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Congrats on 46lbs lost. Keep up the good work. I just started again. Grrrrr. I have lost 9 lbs since Monday. 25 more pounds to go. Yay!!!
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    I'm going through a variety box of Quest bars and so far the best of the non-chocolate ones (as that's what I usually stick with) is Vanilla Almond
  • kducky22
    kducky22 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    My favorite are the Power Bar Performance Energy Bars in Vanilla Crisp flavor (No chocolate or peanut butter!). Seriously I could eat them all day if I could.
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    power crunch bar in vanilla (looks like wafer cookies). Or the life choice band white chocolate pretzel flavor. Both available at walmart/website or in store.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Special K makes 10 g protein bars at 170 calories that are strawberry and ones that are peanut butter. I personally love the strawberry ones.. They remind me of eating a Whatchamacallit in the texture of the bars.

Be careful of what you choose because some of the bars are meant as meal replacements and can be very high in calories and really are like candy bars and contain a lot of sugar ... if you know what I mean.

I started drinking my protein in stead of eating the bars or I will have 1/3 or 1/5 a bar with my protein shake after my workouts.
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    There used to be a strawberry yogurt one that I used to eat frequently. It was so good (I wasn't paying attention to my intake at the time, I just ate it because I liked it).

I think it was this one, but I could be wrong (its been a while):
    81kVLTiMGAL._SX522_.jpg
  • nikkohli
    nikkohli Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    I'm going through a variety box of Quest bars and so far the best of the non-chocolate ones (as that's what I usually stick with) is Vanilla Almond

Agreed--I just finished one and they are so tasty. Sweet not overwhelming!

ETA: The Quest Apple Pie is great too!

• slittle80
    slittle80 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Clif Builders bars have a Vanilla almond that's really good, and quest bars have a pretty wide variety of awesome flavors as well.
  • StephJC81
    StephJC81 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Quest bars hands down! If you go to your local supplement store (and if their good) they'll allow you to mix and match your bars and put them in a box. That way you can sample a few. My fav is the cocounut cashew or the cinnamon roll..or the..well you get my drift :p
  • Eyegina1920
    Eyegina1920 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Kind Bars. Low in sugar and great in taste!
  • amandarawr06
    amandarawr06 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    nikkohli wrote: »

Agreed--I just finished one and they are so tasty. Sweet not overwhelming!

ETA: The Quest Apple Pie is great too!

Apple Pie sounds amazing! I will check my store to see if they have it!! Thanks.
  • amandarawr06
    amandarawr06 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    StephJC81 wrote: »
    Quest bars hands down! If you go to your local supplement store (and if their good) they'll allow you to mix and match your bars and put them in a box. That way you can sample a few. My fav is the cocounut cashew or the cinnamon roll..or the..well you get my drift :p

Oooo cinnamon roll! I will check it out! Thanks!!
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    This Canadian product.
    The-Simply-Bar-Protein-Bar-Lemon-Coconut-852735001049.jpg

http://simplyprotein.ca/our-snacks/protein-bars
    Also available, cinnamon pecan and caramel.
  • FitFitzy331
    FitFitzy331 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Also agree with Quest Bars. My favorite non-chocolate one is strawberry cheesecake. 160 cals 20g protein.
  • cosmiqrecovery
    cosmiqrecovery Posts: 171 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Supreme+Protein+Peanut+Butter+%2526+Jelly+Protein+Bar.JPG

Supreme+Protein+Peanut+Butter+%2526+Jelly+Protein+Bar+Close.JPG

<3<3<3
  • Redheadllena
    Redheadllena Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Think Thin has a few varieties of protein bars that aren't chocolate or PB centric, they have no sugar (which is good), but took me a few tries to like them. Now I get them all the time!
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options

Yes! The Power Crunch vanilla wafer is also good.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    I love the Quest White Chocolate Raspberry. It's very raspberry tasting.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    Ooo, the white chocolate raspberry is my favorite.