Nurses, Nursing Students, Pre-Nursing Students?

Options
Hi Everyone,
I'm Jen and I'm a 23 year old nursing student looking to lose weight and get healthy so that I can be the best nurse that I can be. I graduate in May of 2016 with my ADN and December 2016 with my BSN.

I have about 150lbs to lose but I'm wondering if there is anyone out there that loves nursing as much as me that would want to be friends along this journey!

Replies

• tfinch35
    tfinch35 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hey there I'm a nurse :) I've been an oncology nurse for over 23 years so obviously I kinda like it..lol! I've got my MS in nursing education but gonna be working on my ACNP certification. I've been in and probably will be in school forever..

I'm new here (fairly new) so I'll be checking in often
  • GetSkinnyMindy
    Options
    I'm a NICU nurse in Albuquerque, NM...congratulations on choosing the best profession in the world, and good luck in your weight loss journey!
  • debbysatit
    debbysatit Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I have been a nurse for 30 years. I work in the operating room and do pre-operative phone calling to patients.
    I am glad to be friends, feel free to add me.
  • JamieMommy1985
    JamieMommy1985 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Nice Job ladies! I am not a nurse, but I work for Medical Staffing Network/Cross Country; helping place nursing staff at hospitals for over 6 years. I had lost 30 lbs but gained a few back so Im at it again. I keep an open diary so feel free to add me :)
  • jpomplas2
    jpomplas2 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm a surgical nurse as well- would love to make nurse friends on here :smile:
  • cazzey1972
    cazzey1972 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi im a psych nurse struggling to manage weight loss with shifts, kids, on calls and trying to exercise!
  • lwynd002
    lwynd002 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm currently in nursing school and graduating this May! I'm trying to lose about 15-20 pounds before then ! Feel free to add me :-)