Switching from pescetariansim back to vegetarianism

Options
heffron742
heffron742 Posts: 15 Member
edited February 2015 in Food and Nutrition
Background info:
I was a vegetarian for 2 years, went to college wasn't eating right, so I started eating tuna to move correct my diet and make myself healthy.

Now, for personal reasons (after 2 years of eating fish), I want to switch back to vegetarianism.

I don't remember it being this hard the first time.

Tips on weening off animal protein?

Replies

• cheshirecatastrophe
    cheshirecatastrophe Posts: 1,395 Member
    Options
    What specifically are you having trouble with? Getting enough protein? Liking the taste of veggie proteins again? Finding things to order at fast food restaurants? Resisting the siren song of...canned tuna?
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    What specifically are you having trouble with? Getting enough protein? Liking the taste of veggie proteins again? Finding things to order at fast food restaurants? Resisting the siren song of...canned tuna?

important questions.

also curious as to why. none of my business, just curious.
  • Linvala
    Linvala Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Vegetarian for 9 years here. There are so many "meatless" options now out there to try. They even have 'fish' sticks by gardien I believe. I'd suggest to just play around with recipes and flavor up. Search online for "faux tuna" I make that often. Take a look at foodgawker.com and look through to get some ideas
  • heffron742
    heffron742 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    skullshank wrote: »

important questions.

also curious as to why. none of my business, just curious.

I'm just feeling that weak type of feeling when you know you need protein.
    I eat the whole meat substitutes on occasion for more of a treat than anything, I have eggs and beans every day. I guess I just have to get over that two-ish week period after making a change to my diet.
    I've done it before I just never thought it was this difficult. Maybe because I eat at the school cafeteria and I have just gotten so used to making that mean tuna melt.

As for the reason why, I'm just not really about eating things that were once living. Some people are more "hardcore" about it and some believe that animals were put on this world for us to eat. Either way I'm cool with what everyone else does it just grosses me out a bit and I know I can survive without.
  • AlciaMode
    AlciaMode Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Instead of eating at the cafeteria make vegetarian melts at home instead. Progress not perfection