Pre & Probiotics and all that jazz

Options
So,
My body doesn't like to lose weight. It would rather cling to every fat molecule for dear life SO I've been trying to figure if there is something medical going on in my body. Doctors have tested my thyroid and hormone levels and pretty much gave up on me. With that being said, I have always had digestive issues. Lots of gas and bloating and IBS issues, so I started thinking to myself...maybe my digestive system needs to get back into shape so that my body would follow suit. I've added a probitic and most recently added a Inulin fiber to my shakes in the AM. Has anyone had success with weightloss by getting their gut in order? I'm really desperate!!

Replies

• PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    Have you tried accurately weighing and measuring your food and logging your intake?

If you truly have IBS, you should be under the care of a gastroenterologist. That person could recommend a proper probiotic.

I don't mean to be snarky, but ... I used to say the same thing and think my body loved to dearly cling to fat and not want to lose weight. I was just eating too much. It's a truth that often is hard to face.
  • Franacious
    Franacious Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I've not actually moved forward with it, but I have a friend who is a certified in some sort of holistic health and healing and she greatly promotes this idea! Do it! I'm looking forward to hearing about your success.
  • NiftyPineapple914
    NiftyPineapple914 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    i have chronic ibs and the only thing that works is avoiding insoluble fiber (veggies and bran) i stick to controlled portions of starches like white rice, potato, beans and fruit and carrots. hopefully that helps you. i fill up on protein and fats. lots of IBSers cannot do insoluble fiber.